New GI Joe movie is supposed to be a massive stinker

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: Weighted average vote: 7.4 / 10In summary, sources close to Hollywood are saying that this movie has gotten the lowest test screening results EVER for a film by Paramount. It was directed by the same guy who filmed movies like The Scorpion King 2, The Mummy, and Van Helsing. He has been fired from the movie after it has been shot.
gravenewworld
Sources close to Hollywood are saying this movie has gotten the lowest test screening results EVER for a film by Paramount. It was directed by the same guy who filmed movies like The Scorpion King 2, The Mummy, and Van Helsing. He has been fired from the movie after it has been shot.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/11/rumor-stephen-sommers-fired-from-gi-joe/

Yeah, I'm probably not going to sit through this one. Hollywood is continuing to ruin my childhood.

Physics news on Phys.org
The trailer alone is all I needed to see. Maybe they should've given it to Uwe Boll.

gravenewworld said:
Sources close to Hollywood are saying this movie has gotten the lowest test screening results EVER for a film by Paramount. It was directed by the same guy who filmed movies like The Scorpion King 2, The Mummy, and Van Helsing. He has been fired from the movie after it has been shot.

Wow, how could you possible make a worse movie than Scroption King 2, The Mummy, or Van Helsing? At least they picked the right guy for the job.

Gee eyeee flopppp

ZBfnQXWvatw&feature=channel[/youtub...movie I saw was Star Trek only because of PF.

Last edited:
G for a Guy, I for an I, and Joe for a Ho.

Boring movie? What do you expect? How exciting can it be watching plastic action figures?

Ivan Seeking said:
Boring movie? What do you expect? How exciting can it be watching plastic action figures?

Yeah well...Transformer's wasn't actually a flop. I think this is because Hollywood has realized it's more profitable to target the under-12 age group, which simultaneously satisfies the majority of the under-25 age group (or at least the one's dumber than a 5th grader should be). Yes, our nation is suffering from educational inflation.

GI Joe made the BEST TOYS EVER though

0KjrzgBilVE&feature=related[/youtub...re=related[/youtube] That's freakin awesome!

You're right, it even looks horrible in the trailer. Not to mention, that trailer just made me queasy (as in motion sick from all the jumping around and bad transitions from one clip to the next)...I'd be afraid to run into the same bad editing in the full movie.

junglebeast said:
Yeah well...Transformer's wasn't actually a flop. I think this is because Hollywood has realized it's more profitable to target the under-12 age group, which simultaneously satisfies the majority of the under-25 age group (or at least the one's dumber than a 5th grader should be). Yes, our nation is suffering from educational inflation.

Transformers did not target the under-12 age group. It also tested with high marks across the board.

OAQfirst said:
Transformers did not target the under-12 age group. It also tested with high marks across the board.

High marks across the board...hah!

Script: -5 / 10
Directing: -5 /10
Acting: -5 / 10
Humor: 0/10
Suspense: 0/10
Emotion / Dramatic effect: 0/10

Oh wait...sorry, I was using the old measurement system. Ahem..let me just correct that:

Special effects: 7/10
Cheesiness: 6/10
Idiocy: 9/10
Teenage boy factor: 8/10
Boobage: 0/10

Well, it does lack on boobage, but other than that you're right it does score well under the modern score system.

junglebeast said:
High marks across the board...hah!

Script: -5 / 10
Directing: -5 /10
Acting: -5 / 10
Humor: 0/10
Suspense: 0/10
Emotion / Dramatic effect: 0/10

Oh wait...sorry, I was using the old measurement system. Ahem..let me just correct that:

Special effects: 7/10
Cheesiness: 6/10
Idiocy: 9/10
Teenage boy factor: 8/10
Boobage: 0/10

Well, it does lack on boobage, but other than that you're right it does score well under the modern score system.

Yes. Across the board.

Weighted average vote: 7.4 / 10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/ratings
Demographic breakdowns are shown below.
Votes Percentage Rating
46,119 28.0% 10
27,557 16.7% 9
31,090 18.9% 8
22,995 14.0% 7
12,717 7.7% 6
7,389 4.5% 5
4,572 2.8% 4
3,330 2.0% 3
2,531 1.5% 2
6,320 3.8% 1

Arithmetic mean = 7.7. Median = 8See user ratings report for:
Votes Average
Males 134,079 7.4
Females 17,391 7.9
Aged under 18 5,893 8.2
Males under 18 4,517 8.1
Females under 18 1,363 8.6
Aged 18-29 110,445 7.6
Males Aged 18-29 97,908 7.6
Females Aged 18-29 12,263 8.1
Aged 30-44 30,355 7.1
Males Aged 30-44 27,166 7.0
Females Aged 30-44 2,951 7.4
Aged 45+ 4,537 6.9
Males Aged 45+ 3,795 6.8
Females Aged 45+ 690 7.1
IMDb staff 21 6.7
Top 1000 voters 549 6.5
US users 56,336 7.6
Non-US users 95,114 7.4

IMDb users 164,620 7.4
Though, we only have 164,620 IMDb users in this poll. :smile:

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
gravenewworld, you always post about bad movies. Haven't you learned by now that modern movies all stink? I stopped going to the movies because of that. The last movie I saw was Star Trek only because of PF.

I do post about bad movies a lot. Watched UP last night. Probably one of the best movies I have seen in a while. It deserves all the rave reviews it has gotten thus far. A lot of the adults in the movie were bawling their eyes out at this one (from sadness not laughter). Pixar has gone beyond making kids' movies.

I just watched the GIJoe trailer, and I couldn't tell the difference between this and any of the other special effects extravaganzas that I have been peripherally aware of in the last several years...they all make me incredibly bored and after 30 seconds I am just waiting for it to be over (the entire movie that is, not just the trailer).

I kinda liked the Mummy and van Helsing, haven't seen the scorpion king (one or two)

I liked The Mummy too. It was funny and cheesy.
Van Helsing... I'm not so sure about. I kinda liked it but it was pretty damn cheesy.

I just watched the trailer and I really can't imagine why anyone would call that a bad GI Joe Movie. Looks pretty spot on to me. ;-)

Related to New GI Joe movie is supposed to be a massive stinker

1. Will the new GI Joe movie be a flop?

There is no way to accurately predict the success or failure of a movie. While some critics and fans may have negative opinions based on previews or early reviews, the movie could still perform well at the box office.

2. Why do people think the new GI Joe movie will be bad?

Some people may have negative opinions based on the previous GI Joe movies, the director or cast, or the trailers and promotional materials. However, ultimately, it is up to individual taste and preference.

3. Is there anything positive about the new GI Joe movie?

Despite negative opinions, there may be positive aspects of the movie such as the special effects, action sequences, or performances by certain actors. It is also possible that some viewers may enjoy the movie despite its overall reception.

4. Will the new GI Joe movie be a critical failure?

Again, it is impossible to accurately predict how the movie will be received by critics. While early reviews may not be favorable, there is always a chance for a movie to surprise and receive positive critical acclaim.

5. Should I still watch the new GI Joe movie despite the negative buzz?

The decision to watch the movie ultimately depends on personal preference. If you are a fan of the franchise or the genre, it may be worth giving the movie a chance despite the negative buzz. However, if you are unsure, it may be best to wait for more reviews or watch the movie when it is available to rent or stream.

Back