New chemical created each year

In summary: At least some of those purposes could involve exposure of the public (outside of labs) or the environment.Some of these substances may have unknown hazards and it is difficult to determine what those would be without knowing more about the compound.In summary, these new chemicals are made all the time, but you're not exposed to them unless you work in an industry that makes them or you're somehow exposed to them outside of the lab.
seramm91
hey guys, I need help...I have read about many chemicals created in every year..how can I know the list names of new chemicals and their hazards??

Chemistry news on Phys.org
You probably can't. I doubt there's a master list somewhere of brand new chemicals and even if there was the fact that they are brand new means that only the most extreme and obvious hazards are known. But so what? You aren't exposed to any of these new chemicals anyways.

Likes seramm91
This is an imperfect measure (because not all new compounds get added to the CAS Registry), but the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstract Service maintains a registry of chemical substances, assigning each substance a CAS number for easier tracking across applications. According to CAS, 15,000 new substances are added to the registry per day.

https://www.cas.org/content/chemical-substances/faqs#q6

Likes seramm91
Ygggdrasil said:
According to CAS, 15,000 new substances are added to the registry per day.
Holy cow!

I wouldn't say you aren't exposed to any of these new chemicals.
Most are probably made by industry for various uses.
At least some of those purposes could involve exposure of the public (outside of labs) or the environment.

To some this is an unregulated mess.

Likes seramm91
BillTre said:
I wouldn't say you aren't exposed to any of these new chemicals.

Most of these substances are produces on gram or even mg scale and they never make it out of the lab (and even if they make it out the lab, production scale makes it quite difficult for anyone to get in contact with them).

Most are probably made by industry for various uses.

Nope, industry makes mostly substances than can be sold (so well known), and tries to minimize byproducts, as it makes the process of producing the required one cheaper. Sure, there are always byproducts, and some can be released (intentionally or not), but these are almost always substances already well known and none of them is between these registered by CAS now - they were registered many years ago.

Likes seramm91, Bystander and berkeman

Related to New chemical created each year

What is a "New chemical"?

A "New chemical" refers to a substance that has never existed before or has been artificially created through chemical reactions and processes.

How many new chemicals are created each year?

The number of new chemicals created each year is difficult to accurately determine, as it depends on various factors such as research and development efforts, funding, and regulations. However, it is estimated that thousands of new chemicals are created annually.

Why are new chemicals created each year?

New chemicals are created each year for various reasons, including the need for new and improved products, advancements in technology and scientific understanding, and the demand for more environmentally friendly and sustainable alternatives.

What are the potential benefits of creating new chemicals?

The creation of new chemicals can lead to a wide range of benefits, such as the development of new medicines, improved materials for construction and manufacturing, and more effective and efficient products for everyday use.

What are the potential risks associated with new chemicals?

New chemicals may pose potential risks to human health and the environment if not properly tested and regulated. It is important for scientists and researchers to carefully evaluate and monitor the potential impacts of new chemicals to ensure their safety and minimize any potential risks.