Nerve connection replace with electricity

In summary: The consciousness as a whole should interpret the top and bottom neuron as a single unit and being able to interpret the memory stored in both places. There can be trillion of these connections going on, but if I match every single one of the connections well within the speed of 124m/s, will I eventually be able to synchronize the 2 brains together?Technically the consciousness should interpret them as a single unit, but that is my question I suppose.
fredreload
Let's say I got a nerve electrical signal running in one direction "/" and when the signal gets to the middle of that path I poll for that signal and shoots out a electrical current in the other direction "\" not the electrochemical current, so now I have a shape that looks like "y", does it work as if I have signal running in both direction? So as to connect that electrical current path somewhere else.

P.S. You use electromagnetic radiation such as maser to time and synchronize the signal. Come on I'm close? It's only 124m/s for electrical synapse transfer speed. If you go pass that you should be able to exploit it. https://www.teachengineering.org/vi.../activities/cmu_fruit/cmu_fruit_activity1.xml

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry - it is not clear what you are trying to achieve.
Sure you can detect a nerve impulse with an electric circuit that outputs an electrical signal that goes someplace else - say: along a wire - usually to the recording equipment, but it can also run other equipment or go someplace else in the body to stimulate other nerves. This is established tech.

I don't know what you mean by having a shape of a Y ... what you have described is a nerve signal and an electric current. You can make an electric current go in any direction you like.

Let's say you have a strand of neuron on top and then another one at the bottom like the stick figure below, the bottom one carries an electrical signal represented as the star shape moving to the left. These are two parallel neurons and insulated. Now when the electrical signal reaches the left end, I try to bridge the top and bottom and have this signal redirected to the top and then it goes back down again when it reaches the top right to complete the loop. Keep in mind that the neuron is insulated so they cannot travel out of their path, but that is my idea of what a synchronized state should be that. The electrical signal circulating to the top and then back to the bottom should be kept at 124m/s which is the nerve impulse travel speed. Technically the signal would keep traveling to the left so the signal on the top left would have to be manually created by matching the speed of 124m/s. Now the consciousness as a whole should interpret the top and bottom neuron as a single unit and being able to interpret the memory stored in both places. There can be trillion of these connections going on, but if I match every single one of the connections well within the speed of 124m/s, will I eventually be able to synchronize the 2 brains together? Technically the consciousness should interpret them as a single unit, but that is my question I suppose.
------------ | ------------ |*---------- |-------------|
-----*------ -> |*------------ -> |------------ -> |------------*|

Last edited:
------------ | ------------ |*---------- |-------------|
-----*------ -> |*------------ -> |------------ -> |------------*|

Let's say you have a strand of neuron on top and then another one at the bottom like the ... figure [above], the bottom one carries an electrical signal represented as the star shape moving to the left...
... so the star in the bottom line is moving in the opposite direction to the arrows?

Now when the electrical signal reaches the left end, I try to bridge the top and bottom and have this signal redirected to the top and then it goes back down again when it reaches the top right to complete the loop...
...OK, you want to make a circuit by putting an electrical gizmo at each end of a neuron - a nerve cell.

Keep in mind that the neuron is insulated so they cannot travel out of their path, but that is my idea of what a synchronized state should be that.
This sentence is not grammatical.

The electrical signal circulating to the top and then back to the bottom should be kept at 124m/s which is the nerve impulse travel speed. Technically the signal would keep traveling to the left so the signal on the top left would have to be manually created by matching the speed of 124m/s.
... since the top and bottom structures are neurons, though, wouldn't the signals automatically travel at the normal conduction velocity in the cell? Incidentally, 124m/s seems rather fast for a nerve signal - I have 3-120m/s as commonly cited - depending on the nerve type. But I suspect that's a bit of a side issue.

Now the consciousness as a whole should interpret the top and bottom neuron as a single unit and being able to interpret the memory stored in both places.
... now you've lost me: "consciousness as a whole"? You are not usually conscious of the state of an individual nerve. memory is not usually considered to be stored in a neuron loop, and we do not have a solution to the mind-body problem anyway.

It seems you are hypothizing that you can network two brains 1-1 like this ... well, then how would the brains get any input from outside the net?
Brains don't work that way ... and I suspect you are about to run foul of the personal theory rule.

Last edited:
Right, the personal theory rule, I kept running into it. Thanks for the reply though.

Edited: that's "mind-body problem" not "mid-body problem".

This thread is done.

Related to Nerve connection replace with electricity

1. How does nerve connection replacement with electricity work?

The process of nerve connection replacement with electricity involves using an electrical stimulation device to send electrical impulses to damaged nerves in order to repair or replace the damaged connection. This can help restore lost function or sensation in the affected area.

2. What conditions can be treated with nerve connection replacement with electricity?

Nerve connection replacement with electricity has been used to treat a variety of conditions, including spinal cord injuries, nerve damage from diabetes or other diseases, and chronic pain.

3. What are the potential risks or side effects of nerve connection replacement with electricity?

As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks and side effects associated with nerve connection replacement with electricity. These may include infection, nerve damage, and discomfort at the site of the electrical stimulation.

4. How effective is nerve connection replacement with electricity?

The effectiveness of nerve connection replacement with electricity varies depending on the individual and the condition being treated. In some cases, it can greatly improve nerve function and provide long-term relief, while in others it may have limited or temporary effects.

5. Are there alternative treatments to nerve connection replacement with electricity?

Yes, there are alternative treatments for nerve damage and related conditions, such as physical therapy, medication, and surgery. It is important to consult with a medical professional to determine the best course of treatment for your specific condition.