Mystery: Failed Name: a much simpler one was chosen

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, the proposed but never used name for a physics-related concept was "ausserrordentlidhhochgeschwindigkeitelaktronenentwickelndenschwerarbeitsbeigollitron". However, changing 3-5 letters in the sequence reveals the actual name to be "betatron". More examples of parsing errors were also mentioned.
rhody
Gold Member
Here is a name I found that was proposed but never used to name something.

It is quite long, 83 characters I believe, and is eight words appended to one another.

Your job is to tell me what it was proposed to name (Hint: associated with physics, a single word).

However, there is a catch, I have changed 3 to 5 letters in the sequence.

I guarantee if you substitute the proper letters, a google search will reward you with the correct answer. Here is the sequence...

ausserordentlidhhochgeschwindigkeitelaktronenentwickelndenschwerarbeitsbeigollibron

Ignore the space " " after the "i" in "wickel", above the PF BB parser has issues with it, see other examples below...

Good luck...

More examples of PF BB parsing errors... Each line is one continuous sequence of letters/numbers

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyza
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz01234567890abc

Rhody...

Physics news on Phys.org
betatron

(I only had to guess "gollitron" as the rest was recognizable German words)

Edit: I see that "beigollitron" was supposedly German for "by golly - tron". Pull the other one.

Edit 2: I could have used spoiler tags or similar to let other people look for it too, but it seemed quite trivial, as even without ever having learned German I could pick out all the rest immediately.

Last edited:
Johnathan: Yep, betatron is correct...

This wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betatron"

Scan down a bit...

Shows the correct 83 character sequence of letters... remembering to drop the space after the "i" in "wickel" below when you paste into google.

Ausserordentlichhochgeschwindigkeitelektronenentwickelndenschwerarbeitsbeigollitron

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Mystery: Failed Name: a much simpler one was chosen

1. What is the failed name and why was it chosen?

The failed name was [insert name here] and it was chosen because [insert reason here].

2. How was the simpler name chosen?

The simpler name was chosen through a process of elimination and consideration of various factors such as marketability, uniqueness, and ease of pronunciation.

3. Was there any significance behind the failed name?

In most cases, the failed name may have had some significance or meaning behind it, but it ultimately did not meet the criteria for the final name selection.

4. What impact did the failed name have on the overall product or project?

The failed name may have caused delays or confusion during the naming process, but it ultimately did not have a significant impact on the final product or project.

5. Are there any lessons that can be learned from the failed name?

The failed name can serve as a learning opportunity for future naming processes and can help guide the selection of a more successful name in the future.