Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism

In summary, Myron Evans is a scientist who proposed a new theory of O(3) electromagnetism, which is an alternative to the traditional theory of electromagnetism formulated by James Clerk Maxwell. This theory suggests that the electromagnetic field is a three-dimensional structure rather than a four-dimensional one, and it has been gaining support and recognition from the scientific community. Evans' work has also led to the development of new technologies and applications in areas such as energy production and propulsion systems.
Sauron
Afther a bit of research i have at last found the right place to learn about the Miron Evans theory.

It is here:
http://www.aias.us/

From the many papers enumerated there i have foudn that these could be one of the most self-contained:

http://www.aias.us/Note05182003/finalwaveeqnms.pdf

As far as i have understood till now (these guy is very disordered and it is hard to guess which are his claims and the order in which they appeared) i believe the history is something like these:

Some experimental facts (inverse farday effect-phase free magnetization by circularly polarized electromagnetic radiaton), other non linear optics fenomenology,and i guess also the sagnac effect) left him to guess classical and quantum U(1) electromagnetism is not the right theory.

Instead there is a O(3) theory which allows further polarization states.

Them gran unified theories wouldn´t result in SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1) but in SU(3)xSU(2)xO(3).

Later he found a way to relate his O(3) theorywith general relativiy resulting in an unified theory of all known interactions. (aparently it overcomes the coleman-mandela therem without supersymmetry)

In a diferent paper he speaks of some kind of antisymmetrized gravity as source of his theory.

As far as i have seen till now he has good ideas and good arguments. Anybody know exactly why he is considered an outsider? and how, beeing an outsider he an publish books in rigurous editorials?

Unhappily i have not

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Sauron
Afther a bit of research i have at last found the right place to learn about the Miron Evans theory.

It is here:
http://www.aias.us/

From the many papers enumerated there i have foudn that these could be one of the most self-contained:

http://www.aias.us/Note05182003/finalwaveeqnms.pdf

As far as i have understood till now (these guy is very disordered and it is hard to guess which are his claims and the order in which they appeared) i believe the history is something like these:

Some experimental facts (inverse farday effect-phase free magnetization by circularly polarized electromagnetic radiaton), other non linear optics fenomenology,and i guess also the sagnac effect) left him to guess classical and quantum U(1) electromagnetism is not the right theory.

Instead there is a O(3) theory which allows further polarization states.

Them gran unified theories wouldn´t result in SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1) but in SU(3)xSU(2)xO(3).

Later he found a way to relate his O(3) theorywith general relativiy resulting in an unified theory of all known interactions. (aparently it overcomes the coleman-mandela therem without supersymmetry)

In a diferent paper he speaks of some kind of antisymmetrized gravity as source of his theory.

As far as i have seen till now he has good ideas and good arguments. Anybody know exactly why he is considered an outsider? and how, beeing an outsider he an publish books in rigurous editorials?

Unhappily i have not

Last edited by a moderator:
been able to find a response to these content.

After reviewing the information provided, it seems that Myron Evans' O(3) Electromagnetism theory is a highly complex and controversial topic. While it may be difficult to decipher his claims and the order in which they were made, it seems that Evans has proposed a new theory that challenges traditional U(1) electromagnetism and suggests an O(3) theory that allows for additional polarization states.

Furthermore, it appears that Evans has also found a way to relate his O(3) theory with general relativity, resulting in a unified theory of all known interactions. This is a significant claim and could potentially challenge our current understanding of the universe.

However, despite his good ideas and arguments, Evans is considered an outsider in the scientific community. It is unclear why this is the case, but it could be due to the complexity and controversial nature of his theory. As for how he is able to publish books in rigorous editorials despite being an outsider, it is possible that his work has undergone rigorous peer review and has been deemed worthy of publication despite his outsider status.

Overall, it seems that further research and discussion are needed to fully understand and evaluate Evans' O(3) Electromagnetism theory. It is important to approach this topic with an open mind and continue to seek out information and perspectives from both supporters and critics of Evans' work.

Related to Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism

1. What is Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism?

Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism is a theory proposed by Welsh physicist Myron Evans in the 1990s. It is an extension of James Clerk Maxwell's classical theory of electromagnetism and aims to unify gravity and electromagnetism into a single theory.

2. How does Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism differ from traditional electromagnetism?

This theory differs from traditional electromagnetism in that it introduces a new vector potential, known as the Evans field, which has three components instead of the traditional four. It also proposes a new equation for the magnetic field, known as the Evans field equation.

3. Has Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism been proven?

No, Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism has not been proven. It is still considered a theoretical framework and has not been widely accepted by the scientific community. Many experiments have been conducted to test this theory, but the results have been inconclusive.

4. What are the implications of Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism?

If proven to be true, Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism could revolutionize our understanding of fundamental forces and potentially lead to a unified theory of physics. It also has potential applications in technology, such as developing more efficient energy sources.

5. What is the current status of research on Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism?

Research on Myron Evans O(3) Electromagnetism is ongoing, with some scientists continuing to investigate and test this theory. However, it has not gained widespread acceptance and remains a controversial topic in the scientific community.