My physicsforums.com email is down

• Thread starter Entropia
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a problem with receiving emails on a physics forum email address. The emails have been bouncing back with errors and the user is unable to receive any emails. Others are also experiencing the same issue and are wondering what can be done to fix it. The cause of the problem is related to a server move and it is expected to be resolved by the next day. The user is advised to keep the person who responded updated.
Entropia
help!

i havn't received any emails for the past few days on my physicsforums.com email :(

emails that have been sent to me have bounced back saying 'fatal errors' and 'user unknown in virtual alias table reason 550'

i can still log in...

ARGH!

anybody having the same problem?

what can be done to fix it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Same

Yeah I'm having the exact same problem. I don't know what it is cuasing it. Greg, any ideas? Heeeeeelp! I use that address quite frequently. :cry: I don't know what to do. I'm having to use my school email for the time being, arg! :mad:

Sorry for the inconvience, the problem is related to our server move. I have fixed the problem and everything should be as normal tomorrow. Please keep me updated.

Related to My physicsforums.com email is down

1. Why is my physicsforums.com email not working?

There could be several reasons for your email not working. It could be due to a server issue, maintenance, or an error with your account. It's best to contact the website's technical support team for further assistance.

2. How can I fix my physicsforums.com email if it is down?

If your email is down, try troubleshooting steps such as checking your internet connection, clearing your browser's cache, or using a different device. If the issue persists, reach out to the website's technical support team for help.

3. Is there a known outage for physicsforums.com email?

You can check the website's social media pages or community forums to see if there are any reported outages. If not, you can contact the technical support team for further assistance.

4. Can I access my physicsforums.com email through another platform?

It depends on the website's policies and features. Some websites may offer email forwarding options or allow you to access your email through a different platform. You can check the website's support page or contact the technical support team for more information.

5. Will my emails be lost if my physicsforums.com email is down?

If your email is down temporarily, your emails may still be stored on the server and will be accessible once the issue is resolved. However, if there is a permanent issue with your email account, you may lose your emails. It's best to regularly back up important emails to avoid losing them.