Multiple choice, magnetic force on the particle

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the formula F=q0V(perpendicular)*B to determine the force on a charged particle moving in a magnetic field. The individual is unsure of their approach to the problem and asks for clarification on why the answer is D. The conversation then ends with a question about the solution to a specific equation involving the force, velocity, and magnetic field.
Mdhiggenz

Homework Statement

2zsuuxg.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that since the charge is negative qo*Vperpendicular would be traveling in the oppsite direction. Which by the right hand rule ultimately affects B.

So using the formula F=q0V(perpendicular)*B

= 1*5(4i-3j)
= (20i-15j)

I don't understand why the answer would be D.

Or maybe my approach to the problem was incorrect?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The equation is [itex]\vec{F}=q\vec{v}\times\vec{B}=-1C*5\hat{k}\frac{m}{s}\times(3\hat{i}-4\hat{j})T[/itex]. What is [itex](-1)(-4)\hat{k}\times\hat{j}[/itex]?

Related to Multiple choice, magnetic force on the particle

What is a multiple choice question?

A multiple choice question is a type of question where the respondent is presented with a list of possible answers, and they must select the correct one.

What is magnetic force?

Magnetic force is a force that is exerted on a charged particle or a magnet when it is placed in a magnetic field.

How does magnetic force affect a particle?

The magnetic force on a particle depends on the strength of the magnetic field, the charge of the particle, and the velocity of the particle. It can either attract or repel the particle, depending on the direction of the magnetic field.

What factors affect the strength of the magnetic force on a particle?

The strength of the magnetic force on a particle is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the charge of the particle, and the velocity of the particle.

How can the magnetic force on a particle be calculated?

The magnetic force on a particle can be calculated using the formula F = qvB, where F is the force, q is the charge of the particle, v is the velocity of the particle, and B is the strength of the magnetic field.