Most gruesome piece of music you've heard?

• Music
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, I think that the majority of any genre of music is crap, but there are certain individual bands and musicians in almost all genres that are quite good.
Evo said:
Thanks Lisa, that is just too funny. If the titles of the albums are the original titles, surely she did it as an elaborate joke.
It notes that these were CD published after her death.

Science news on Phys.org
Am I the only math-phys major who loves marilyn manson and H.I.M.?

jmnance: Please have a look at my latest entry in the "Best Songs Ever" thread.

will.c: I'm no math-phys major, I'm just an engineer (degree in EE from a Fachhochschule, I guess its more or less the German equivalent of a Polytechnic, but I'm not sure), who is in love with physics. So there is still hope for you. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

WarPhalange said:
Probably one of the many Star Spangled Banner butcherings, including Hendrix's version of it.

Boo, Hendrix" version is the best.

I know musical taste is all subjective, but I still fail to hear what gives Hendrix all the hype?

LightbulbSun said:
I know musical taste is all subjective, but I still fail to hear what gives Hendrix all the hype?

At the time his sound was very different and very new. He's part of what made rock and roll what it is today. One might also ask what all the hype over Tolkien is.

TheStatutoryApe said:
At the time his sound was very different and very new. He's part of what made rock and roll what it is today. One might also ask what all the hype over Tolkien is.

I know Hendrix was extremely experimental for his time, using different pedal effects. I'm speaking more on his composition structure. I don't see what's so unique about that.

LightbulbSun said:
I know Hendrix was extremely experimental for his time, using different pedal effects. I'm speaking more on his composition structure. I don't see what's so unique about that.

I can't claim to have any knowledge of musical composition and technical skill so I couldn't say. On that score you are possibly right.