Moderators Keep On Harrassing Me for Being Politically Incorrect

• Thread starter Scientific Method
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a forum member being given warnings by two administrators, Ian Smith and Kerrie, for possibly crossing the line from "academic freedom" to bad taste and denigrating/insulting comments. The forum's stance on academic freedom is also questioned, with a comparison to past societies that persecuted intellectuals for being politically incorrect. The forum's contact guidelines are also mentioned at the end of the conversation.
Scientific Method
First it was Ian Smith, now Kerrie with the PMs giving me warnings. I thought this forum supported academic freedom. I guess I was wrong. I hope no one on the administration team here ever criticizes the society of the past for persecuting intellectuals like Galileo, Copernicus, and Socrates for being polically incorrect, for that would be hypocritical.

Ironically, Ian Smith made the comment "Yeah but you need to understand the past and the mistake made during that time to make sure that mistake are not repeated in the future" https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=62323

Cheers!

Physics news on Phys.org
Contact Guidelines:
When contacting me or a specific mentor please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

Scientific Method said:
First it was Ian Smith, now Kerrie with the PMs giving me warnings. I thought this forum supported academic freedom. I guess I was wrong.
A person needs to excersize at least a modicum of judgement as to what crosses the line from "academic freedom" to bad taste, poor judgement, and denigrating/insulting.

Having read your posts I stand 100% behind Ian Smith and Kerrie.

Last edited:

Related to Moderators Keep On Harrassing Me for Being Politically Incorrect

1. Why do moderators keep harassing me for being politically incorrect?

Moderators have a responsibility to ensure that all members of the community feel safe and respected. If your comments are deemed politically incorrect, it may be because they are offensive or discriminatory towards certain groups of people. The moderators are simply trying to maintain a positive and inclusive environment for all members.

2. How can I avoid being harassed by moderators for being politically incorrect?

The best way to avoid being harassed by moderators is to think carefully about the language and content of your comments before posting. Make sure your words are not offensive or discriminatory towards any group of people. If you are unsure, it is always better to err on the side of caution and refrain from making potentially hurtful statements.

3. What should I do if I feel like I am being unfairly targeted by moderators for being politically incorrect?

If you feel like you are being unfairly targeted by moderators, it is important to communicate your concerns to them in a respectful and peaceful manner. Explain your perspective and ask for clarification on why your comments were deemed politically incorrect. It is also important to listen to the moderators' explanations and try to understand their perspective.

4. Can I be banned from the community for being politically incorrect?

Depending on the severity and frequency of your politically incorrect comments, you may be subject to a warning or even a ban from the community. This is to ensure that the community remains a safe and welcoming place for all members. If you are unsure about the community's rules and guidelines, it is always best to familiarize yourself with them before participating.

5. Is it important for moderators to enforce political correctness in online communities?

Yes, it is important for moderators to enforce political correctness in online communities. This is because online communities are made up of diverse individuals with different beliefs and backgrounds. Moderators have a responsibility to ensure that all members feel respected and safe, and enforcing political correctness is one way to achieve this goal.