Micro and macro internal energy approach

In summary, the micro internal energy approach focuses on the energy of individual particles within a system, while the macro internal energy approach looks at the overall energy of the entire system. Internal energy can be calculated using the equation U = Q - W, where U is the internal energy, Q is the heat added to the system, and W is the work done by the system. The internal energy of a system is affected by temperature, pressure, and the number and type of particles present in the system. Yes, internal energy can be changed through the addition or removal of heat or work from the system. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted, which applies to both the micro and macro internal
aviatorx
attachment.php?attachmentid=29185&stc=1&d=1287508584.png

Why is internal energy not sufficient to compare states?

Thank you for your answer.

Attachments

• Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 577
Physics news on Phys.org
I think it has to do something with free energy, but I can't remember now. I hope someone else knows!
Regards

It's a difficult question... I have been searching for 3 hours and found nothing :(

Related to Micro and macro internal energy approach

1. What is the difference between micro and macro internal energy approach?

The micro internal energy approach focuses on the energy of individual particles within a system, while the macro internal energy approach looks at the overall energy of the entire system.

2. How do you calculate internal energy?

Internal energy can be calculated using the equation U = Q - W, where U is the internal energy, Q is the heat added to the system, and W is the work done by the system.

3. What factors affect the internal energy of a system?

The internal energy of a system is affected by temperature, pressure, and the number and type of particles present in the system.

4. Can internal energy be changed?

Yes, internal energy can be changed through the addition or removal of heat or work from the system.

5. How is the first law of thermodynamics related to the micro and macro internal energy approach?

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted. This applies to both the micro and macro internal energy approach as energy is conserved within the system as a whole and at the individual particle level.