[MCNP6] How to use Tally E with Fmesh

• Thread starter DONGY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnp6
In summary, the conversation discussed using Tally E and Fmesh in MCNP5 and MCNP6. It was suggested to include the energy values in the EMESH section for FMESH4 and this method is applicable for both versions of MCNP. The speaker expressed gratitude for the helpful information.
DONGY
Hello everyone,
I do need your help in this matter, please kindly help me solve this problem.
I use MCNP5 and i want to use Tally E with Fmesh.
I use Tally E and Fmesh this way with MCNP5.
Code:
F4:P,E 6
E4 0 200i 2
FMESH4:P GEOM=REC ORIGIN=-550 -550 -1
      IMESH=-50 IINTS=5
      JMESH=550 JINTS=11
      KMESH=799 KINTS=8
      EMESH=2
But I want to use Fmesh in MCNP6. I don't know how to write it.
Such as this.
Code:
      IMESH=-50 IINTS=5
      JMESH=550 JINTS=11
      KMESH=799 KINTS=8
E4 0 200i 2
Please, help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi,

E4 would follow an F4 tally.
To do the same thing with an FMESH4, put the energy values you would put in an E4 into the EMESH= section which exists in your first example but is missing in your second.
Like this
Code:
      IMESH=-50 IINTS=5
      JMESH=550 JINTS=11
      KMESH=799 KINTS=8
      EMESH=0 200i 2

This is the same for MCNP5 and 6.
I hope this helps.

Alex A said:
Hi,

E4 would follow an F4 tally.
To do the same thing with an FMESH4, put the energy values you would put in an E4 into the EMESH= section which exists in your first example but is missing in your second.
Like this
Code:
      IMESH=-50 IINTS=5
      JMESH=550 JINTS=11
      KMESH=799 KINTS=8
      EMESH=0 200i 2

This is the same for MCNP5 and 6.
I hope this helps.
These are very helpful to me.
Thank you very much!

Related to [MCNP6] How to use Tally E with Fmesh

1. How do I set up Tally E with Fmesh in MCNP6?

To set up Tally E with Fmesh in MCNP6, you first need to define a mesh tally using the Fmesh card. This allows you to specify the dimensions and resolution of the mesh. Then, you can use the Tally E card to specify the energy bins and scoring options for the tally. Finally, make sure to include the Fmesh and Tally E cards in your input file and run the simulation.

2. Can I use Tally E with Fmesh for all types of particles?

Yes, Tally E with Fmesh can be used for all types of particles, including neutrons, photons, and electrons. However, it is important to specify the correct particle type in the Tally E card to ensure accurate scoring.

3. How do I interpret the results from Tally E with Fmesh?

The results from Tally E with Fmesh will be in the form of a mesh tally, which displays the scored quantity (such as flux or dose) in each mesh cell. You can view the results graphically using the MCNP visualization tool, or export the data to a spreadsheet for further analysis.

4. Can I use multiple Tally E cards with Fmesh in the same simulation?

Yes, you can use multiple Tally E cards with Fmesh in the same simulation. This allows you to score different quantities or energy ranges in different mesh cells. Just make sure to specify unique tally numbers for each Tally E card.

5. Are there any limitations to using Tally E with Fmesh in MCNP6?

One limitation of using Tally E with Fmesh in MCNP6 is that the mesh cells must be rectangular and aligned with the global coordinate system. Additionally, the maximum number of mesh cells is limited to 100,000. If you need more than 100,000 mesh cells, you may need to use a different tally type or divide the mesh into smaller regions.