Maximizing the volume of a buoy

• MHB
  • Thread starter leprofece
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, the conversation is discussing the construction of a buoy using two equal circular cones. The problem at hand is to determine the radius of the base to maximize the volume of the buoy. The purpose of the buoy is to serve as a marker on the water, preventing people from going too far and possibly drowning. The conversation does not provide a diagram, but it is clear that the two pieces are circular and the aim is to build a buoy with maximum volume.
leprofece
From two places equal of radio circular R It wants to build a buoy consists of two equal bass common cones

Determine the radius of Ia base when the volume of the buoy is maximum.

r=(sqrt of 6) R/3

Physics news on Phys.org
Re: Max and min

I must confess I have little idea what you are asking. I am assuming a buoy is to be constructed by joining two cones at their bases, but other than that I have no idea what is going on.

MarkFL said:
I must confess I have little idea what you are asking. I am assuming a buoy is to be constructed by joining two cones at their bases, but other than that I have no idea what is going on.

well, what you said is the main idea
a buoy is something put ond the water on beaches as a limit so that people can not go further if they do not do that they can die

leprofece said:
well, what you said is the main idea
a buoy is something put ond the water on beaches as a limit so that people can not go further if they do not do that they can die

Yes, I understand that a buoy is used as a marker on the water, but it is the problem I don't understand. Can you provide a diagram?

from two pieces that are the same i mean equal of radius R , from these i want to built the buoy
there is no graph in my book
ahhh. the pieces are circular both

Related to Maximizing the volume of a buoy

What is the definition of buoyancy?

Buoyancy is the upward force exerted by a fluid on an object that is partially or fully immersed in it.

Why is it important to maximize the volume of a buoy?

Maximizing the volume of a buoy allows it to displace more liquid, thereby increasing its buoyant force and allowing it to support heavier objects.

What factors affect the volume of a buoy?

The volume of a buoy is affected by its shape, density, and the density of the fluid it is immersed in.

How can the volume of a buoy be increased?

The volume of a buoy can be increased by changing its shape to a more spherical or cylindrical shape, decreasing its density, or increasing the density of the fluid it is immersed in.

How can the volume of a buoy be calculated?

The volume of a buoy can be calculated by using the buoyancy equation, which states that the volume of a buoy is equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces divided by the density of the fluid.