Mathematical Logic and Structures

In summary, the conversation is about a request for help with resolving questions related to mathematical logic and structures. The specific tasks involve converting a formula into prenex form, writing a formula in a given language, verifying a tautology, and finding a subgroup within a group. A request for private communication is also mentioned.
rafa_mota04
URGENT ! Mathematical Logic and Structures

Hey guys, i need a HUGE favor, i need the resolution for this 5 questions, its a question of end this year my degree or stay one year just with a subject. Please I am begging, who knows the resolution please say me something.

Part 1: Mathematical Logic
2- Convert the formula into the prenex form: (square root of)x p(x,g) -> ( inverted E )y (square root of) z q (x,y)
3- Consider the language L with the symbol of equality and one array predicate symbol. Write the formula in this language which express “there exist exactly one x such that p(x) holds”
4- Verify, which any of the formulas ¬ A v B and ( A or B ) substituted for x makes the formula ( A -> x ) -> ( x -> B ) a tautology.
Part 2: Mathematical Structures
1 - find the subgroup of the group (Z, +, 0) generated by the set {20,25} .
2 - Describe the free object over a given set X on the constant Pos (of partially ordened sets and isotone maps)

Physics news on Phys.org
You are not following the rules of this site.

Read your private messages, please.

Related to Mathematical Logic and Structures

1. What is mathematical logic?

Mathematical logic is a branch of mathematics that deals with the use of formal systems to describe and analyze the structure of logical arguments. It uses symbols and rules of inference to study the principles of reasoning and the foundations of mathematics.

2. What are the main branches of mathematical logic?

The main branches of mathematical logic are propositional logic, predicate logic, and modal logic. Propositional logic deals with the logical relationships between simple statements, while predicate logic deals with the relationships between objects and properties. Modal logic is concerned with the notions of necessity and possibility.

3. What are the different types of mathematical structures?

There are many different types of mathematical structures, including sets, groups, rings, fields, and vector spaces. These structures are defined by a set of elements and operations that are subject to specific axioms and rules.

4. How is mathematical logic used in computer science?

Mathematical logic is used in computer science to design and analyze algorithms and programs. It provides a formal framework for reasoning about the correctness and efficiency of computational processes, and helps to ensure that programs behave as intended.

5. What are some real-world applications of mathematical logic and structures?

Mathematical logic and structures have a wide range of real-world applications, including in computer science, linguistics, philosophy, and artificial intelligence. They are also used in fields such as economics, game theory, and cryptography to model and analyze complex systems and decision-making processes.