Maple gaussian reduction multiplying rows

In summary, it seems like the commands used for Gaussian reduction in Maple 9 are correct, but there may be an issue with the precision of the calculations. It is recommended to use a newer version of Maple or a different software with higher precision capabilities. Alternatively, adjusting the precision settings in Maple 9 may help with the issue.
deryk
Hello, I am using maple for gaussian reduction.

I have to do it row by row for 1 part

> g:=swaprow(f,1,2);
[ 0. 3.5 3.5 3.5]

[ ]

g := [ 2 -1 -5 -7]

[ ]

[-0. 0. 0. 0.]

> h:=swaprow(g,1,2);
[ 2 -1 -5 -7]

[ ]

h := [ 0. 3.5 3.5 3.5]

[ ]

[-0. 0. 0. 0.]

> i:=addrow(h,2,1,1/3.5);
[ 2. 0. -4.000000000 -6.000000000]

[ ]

i := [ 0. 3.5 3.5 3.5]

[ ]

[-0. 0. 0. 0.]

> j:=multiplyrow(i,2,1/3.5);
j := multiplyrow(i, 2, 0.2857142857)

There is something wrong with my command but it's exactly how it shows in the help section of my maple 9 program. Does anyone know what the problem, sorry if I posted in the wrong section. thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, it looks like your commands are correct, but you may be experiencing an issue with the precision of your calculations. Maple 9 has limited precision and may not be able to accurately perform the calculations you are trying to do. It is recommended to use a newer version of Maple or a different software that has higher precision capabilities when working with Gaussian reduction. Alternatively, you can try to adjust the precision settings in your Maple 9 program to see if that helps with the issue. Hope this helps!

Hello,

It seems like you are on the right track with using the swaprow, addrow, and multiplyrow commands in Maple for Gaussian reduction. Can you specify what exactly is going wrong with your command? Are you receiving an error message or is the output not what you expected?

One possible issue could be with the syntax of your commands. For example, in the first line of your code, you have "g:=swaprow(f,1,2);" where "f" is not defined. Make sure you are using the correct variable names and the correct number of arguments in your commands.

Another possible issue could be with the version of Maple you are using. The commands and syntax may have changed since Maple 9. It might be helpful to consult the help section or documentation for your specific version of Maple.

If you can provide more information or clarify the problem you are having, I would be happy to help troubleshoot further. Best of luck with your Gaussian reduction!

Related to Maple gaussian reduction multiplying rows

1. What is Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows?

Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows is a mathematical technique used to simplify systems of linear equations by manipulating the rows of a coefficient matrix. This process involves multiplying a row by a constant and adding it to another row, in order to eliminate variables and ultimately solve the system of equations.

2. How is Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows performed?

To perform Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows, you first need to write the system of equations in matrix form. Then, you use elementary row operations such as multiplying a row by a constant and adding it to another row, until the matrix is in row echelon form or reduced echelon form.

3. What are the benefits of using Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows?

Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows allows for a systematic approach to solving systems of linear equations. It also helps to simplify and reduce the number of variables in the system, making it easier to solve. Additionally, this method can be extended to larger systems of equations.

4. Are there any limitations to using Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows?

While Maple Gaussian reduction multiplying rows is a useful tool for solving systems of linear equations, it may not always be the most efficient method. It can be time-consuming for larger systems and may require a lot of manual calculations. In some cases, there may be more efficient techniques available.

5. How can I use Maple to perform Gaussian reduction multiplying rows?

Maple is a computer algebra system that has built-in functions for performing Gaussian reduction multiplying rows. You can use the Maple command "GaussElim" to perform the reduction, or you can use the "LinearSolve" command to solve the system of equations directly. Additionally, there are tutorials and resources available online to help guide you through the process.