Made a small mistake and can't figure out what to do->Projectile motion

In summary, the problem involves projectile motion, where a ball is launched at 62 degrees above the horizontal with a velocity of 22 m/s. The equation x=x0+vx0t is used to find the distance traveled by the ball, but the time calculation was initially incorrect. The correct time calculation is t=vy0/gravity, and the total time is twice this value.
pebbles
[SOLVED] Made a small mistake and can't figure out what to do-->Projectile motion

Homework Statement

Ball is launched at 62 degrees above horizontal at 22 m/s. What distance does the ball travel?

Homework Equations

x=x0+vx0t

The Attempt at a Solution

x0=0
vy0=22 m/s
y0=0
theta=62
vy0=22sin62=19 m/s
vx0=22cos62=10 m/s

but I messed up on my time calculation
t=vy0/gravity.
that's not right. what's the correct time calculation?

Physics news on Phys.org
t=vy0/gravity.
that's not right. what's the correct time calculation?

this time is to reach the maximum height. Total time is twice this time.

ok, so i just need to multiply that value by 2? thank you.

Related to Made a small mistake and can't figure out what to do->Projectile motion

What is projectile motion?

Projectile motion is the movement of an object through the air or space under the influence of gravity. It follows a curved path known as a parabola.

What are the factors that affect projectile motion?

The factors that affect projectile motion include initial velocity, angle of launch, air resistance, and gravity. These factors determine the shape and distance of the projectile's path.

How do I calculate the range of a projectile?

The range of a projectile can be calculated using the formula R = (v^2 * sin (2θ)) / g, where R is the range, v is the initial velocity, θ is the angle of launch, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

What should I do if I made a mistake in my calculations for projectile motion?

If you made a mistake in your calculations, it is important to go back and check your work. Make sure that all of your values are correct and that you are using the correct formulas. If the mistake is still not clear, you can seek assistance from a teacher, tutor, or colleague.

How can I use projectile motion in real-life situations?

Projectile motion is used in various real-life situations, such as sports (e.g. basketball, golf), launching rockets, and even in simple activities like throwing a ball. Understanding projectile motion can help in predicting and analyzing the trajectory of objects in motion.