Looking for a book on aeronautical Engineering

In summary, the person is looking for a book on aeronautics and is looking for a detailed guide with key words in the back. They are in the first year of their engineering program, and while the lecture is helpful, they find it hard to follow. They were told to look in the library, but could not find the book they were looking for. They found the book they were looking for and it is a detailed guide on aeronautics from the 1980s.
manzur
hi,

Please i need help to find a really good book for Aeronautical Engineering. i want an easy, step by step in detail full explanation with key words in back of the book or something like that. i am in first year now and i looked at the engineering section in university but there are only few books on that subject. i find it really hard to follow the lecture. so, teacher told me to look in the library but i couldn't find the book that i was looking for. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Please! Please! Please! Please!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I actually have the type of book your looking for. It's a very detailed step by step guide on aeronautics. It starts with general concepts and builds up on them. Only two problems:

1) It's not with me at the moment so I won't be able to tell you the title until I go home.

2) It might be out of print, it was given to me when I was a kid. I had a growing interest in airplanes and a family member of mine was an engineer so he let me have the book to fuel my interest, ironically it was way over my head at the time so I couldn't understand any of it until today. The book was from the 80's. It's a really good book though so I think they might still publish it today.

Either way I'll find out what it is and get back to you on it in about a week and a half or so.

I'd recommend "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications (3rd Edition)" by David Vallado.

D H said:
I'd recommend "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics and Applications (3rd Edition)" by David Vallado.

thanks! i will look into it. are you sure that Astrodunamics and Aeronautic are very similar. i appreciate that you looked for me.

Related to Looking for a book on aeronautical Engineering

1. What is aeronautical engineering?

Aeronautical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and construction of aircraft and spacecraft. It involves the study of aerodynamics, propulsion systems, materials science, and other related fields.

2. What are some popular books on aeronautical engineering?

Some popular books on aeronautical engineering include "Introduction to Flight" by John D. Anderson Jr., "Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach" by Daniel P. Raymer, and "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by John D. Anderson Jr.

3. What topics are typically covered in aeronautical engineering books?

Aeronautical engineering books cover a range of topics including aerodynamics, propulsion systems, aircraft and spacecraft design, materials science, and flight mechanics. They may also cover topics such as avionics, structures, and aircraft instrumentation.

4. How can I choose the right book on aeronautical engineering?

The right book for you will depend on your level of knowledge and the specific topics you are interested in. It is best to read reviews, check the author's credentials, and skim through the table of contents to determine if the book covers the topics you are looking for.

5. Are there any online resources for aeronautical engineering books?

Yes, there are many online resources for aeronautical engineering books. Some popular websites include Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and online libraries such as Google Books and Internet Archive. Many universities also have online libraries where students can access a variety of aeronautical engineering books for free.