Look for a couple of astrophysics books

In summary, the speaker is a sophomore majoring in astronomy who will become a junior in a month. They have a good understanding of classical electrodynamics and quantum mechanics, but they are facing difficulties in their studies. They are looking for fundamental books to learn more about astronomy and are interested in working on theory in the future, but do not have a specific subject in mind. They also want to know if they need to study QED, QFT, and GR and are looking for books on various topics in astrophysics and cosmology such as supernovas, galaxies, and X-ray binaries to help them find their favorite subject.
LiD
Hi everyone.
I'm a sophomore now , majoring in astronomy, and will become junior in no more than 1 month.
I have a good command of classical electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. However, I'm confronted with some problems.

1. I want to know more about Astronomy. I borrow Very High Energy Cosmic Gamma Radiation by F.A.Aharonian from my tutor, but it's too difficult for me, because I know little in astronomy.
So I want to find some fundamental books to read..

2. I want to work on theory in the future. But I do not have a preferred subject. So I want some books which can introduce several fields (for example, Supernova , galaxy and so on)in astrophysics(or, cosmology)

By the way, do I need to study QED QFT and GR? If so, when?

Physics news on Phys.org
By the way, I have finished several introductions to astrophysics. I need some fundamental books about X-rat binary, Supernova, Supernova Remnant,Galaxy, and so on, so that I could find my favourite.

Related to Look for a couple of astrophysics books

1. What are some good books to learn about astrophysics?

Some popular books for learning about astrophysics include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson, and "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene.

2. Are there any beginner-friendly astrophysics books?

Yes, there are many beginner-friendly astrophysics books that assume no prior knowledge on the subject. Some examples include "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, "The Cosmic Perspective" by Jeffrey O. Bennett, and "Astrophysics: A Very Short Introduction" by James Binney.

3. Are there any textbooks on astrophysics?

Yes, there are many textbooks on astrophysics that are used in university courses. Some popular ones include "An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics" by Bradley W. Carroll and Dale A. Ostlie, "Introduction to Astrophysics" by Mario Livio, and "Astrophysics in a Nutshell" by Dan Maoz.

4. Are there any books specifically about a certain aspect of astrophysics?

Yes, there are many books that focus on a specific aspect of astrophysics, such as black holes, cosmology, or planetary science. Some examples include "Black Holes and Time Warps" by Kip Thorne, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, and "The Planets" by Dava Sobel.

5. Can you recommend any online resources for learning about astrophysics?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning about astrophysics, including video lectures, podcasts, and interactive simulations. Some popular ones include Crash Course Astronomy, Astronomy Cast, and NASA's Eyes on the Solar System.