Load Forecasting: Get More Info Here

• Thread starter adn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Load
In summary, the conversation is about load forecasting in the context of electrical work, particularly in construction projects like hotels and hospitals. The process of load forecasting involves calculating the size of panels, disconnect switches, and wires in order to determine the necessary power supply. This task is typically done by electricians or professional electrical engineers. The original question was asked by Dan, who has now created his own account to ask for more explanation on load forecasting.
adn
Hi everybody

can any of u give me more information about LOAD FORECASTING ?
THX

--adn

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What's the context of your question? The term "forecasting" is unfamiliar to me in the context of electrical loads. Can you post more info about the question?

Are you asking us about the LIne Load? Example; you are asked to do electrical work; power supply; electrical panels, and you have to forecast the load so that you know the size of the panel, size of the disconnect switch, the size of the wires. To calculate all those sizes you need to know the load (forecast it)? That is the job of an Electrician and in a case of a hotel and/or hospital construction than Consulting Engineering Firms will ask Professiona Electrical Engineer to do the Load Forecast. Could I be wrong?

I should say that this question was not my own question. In fact, I allowed Dan, one of my friends, to use my account for posting his question. Now he has joined and has his own account. He has started a new thread with this title “LOAD FORCASTING explanation” and has explained more about what he wants to know.

Sorry, I forgot that one’s account and email are privet things as toothbrush, hairbrush and towel are :-)

--adn

Related to Load Forecasting: Get More Info Here

What is load forecasting?

Load forecasting is the process of predicting the amount of electricity or energy that will be required to meet the demands of consumers in a specific area, usually over a certain period of time. This is important for energy providers to plan and manage their resources effectively.

Why is load forecasting important?

Load forecasting is important because it allows energy providers to plan and manage their resources effectively. By accurately predicting the demand for electricity, they can ensure that there is enough supply to meet the needs of consumers while avoiding potential power shortages or overloading the system.

What factors are considered in load forecasting?

Several factors are considered in load forecasting, including historical consumption patterns, weather patterns, economic trends, and population growth. Other factors such as energy policies, technological advancements, and changes in consumer behavior may also be taken into account.

How is load forecasting done?

Load forecasting is typically done using statistical and mathematical models, which analyze historical data and current trends to make predictions about future demand. These models may also take into account external factors such as weather patterns and economic trends to improve the accuracy of the forecasts.

What are the different types of load forecasting?

There are several types of load forecasting, including short-term, medium-term, and long-term forecasting. Short-term forecasting predicts demand for a few hours or days ahead, while medium-term forecasting predicts demand for a few days to a few weeks ahead. Long-term forecasting predicts demand for several months or years ahead, and is used for long-term planning and investment decisions.