Living with Unbalanced Body for 10+ Years: Seeking Solutions

• Medical
  • Thread starter GarethStyles
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body Years
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's issue of having an unbalanced body, which they have had for over 10 years. They attribute this to their involvement in racket sports from a young age and their right side being stronger than their left. They also mention how their gym routine may have contributed to the imbalance. The speaker has consulted a doctor and a physiotherapist but has not found a solution yet. They are seeking advice and considering getting a body scan.
GarethStyles
I have a unbalanced body and have done for 10 plus years maybe longer.
i think a combination of things has done it one i am from young age racket sports mad tennis and squash etc so
my right hand side has always been stronger than my left.
Also years ago when gym equipment when it was not individual arms but just for both i think that my right side has
executed the exercise properly but the left side has just been trying to support the strong right and causing my right body to look completely different and the muscles are completely different too with biceps, pecs, shoulders
and also my shoulder does the lifting for my right side as my left side is not formed properly.
I have gone to a newly qualified doc in the uk and physio but they side yes my shoulder is bigger but nothing else wrong.
my left side hurts too if i go to the gym or driving a car anything that is over a long period of time.
this has been with me for 10 years plus gets me down i am not sure what to do now.
wether i should have a body scan.
anyone have any ideas it is much appreciated.

Biology news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Gareth.

One of the rules here at the PF (see the sticky thread in the Feedback forum) is that we cannot provide medical advice here. You are doing the right thing talking to a doctor about your questions. Perhaps you should try a more sports-oriented doctor -- they should be able to help you figure this out. Best wishes.

Related to Living with Unbalanced Body for 10+ Years: Seeking Solutions

1. What causes an unbalanced body?

There are various reasons why a person may have an unbalanced body. This could be due to an injury, illness, or medical condition that affects their muscles, bones, or nervous system. Additionally, poor posture or a sedentary lifestyle can also contribute to an unbalanced body.

2. How can an unbalanced body affect a person's daily life?

An unbalanced body can have a significant impact on a person's daily life. It can cause discomfort, difficulty with movement and coordination, and even pain. It may also affect a person's ability to perform certain tasks, such as walking, exercising, or completing daily activities.

3. Are there any treatments or solutions for living with an unbalanced body?

Yes, there are various treatments and solutions that can help improve the balance and function of an unbalanced body. These may include physical therapy, chiropractic care, and specific exercises to target and strengthen weak muscles. In some cases, surgery may be necessary.

4. Can an unbalanced body be prevented?

In some cases, an unbalanced body may not be preventable, especially if it is caused by a medical condition or injury. However, maintaining good posture, staying physically active, and eating a healthy diet can help prevent muscle imbalances and reduce the risk of developing an unbalanced body.

5. Is it possible to fully correct an unbalanced body?

The extent to which an unbalanced body can be corrected depends on the underlying cause and individual circumstances. In some cases, with proper treatment and management, significant improvements can be made. However, some imbalances may be permanent and require ongoing maintenance and management.