Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, Indie, cool Greg has put up a shoutcast server and thinks it would be fun to share it with others. He also thinks of having a live music forum in which members are able to upload songs they like to share with others. Finally, he mentions that he thinks it is good (individually) and that he was also thinking of streaming the feynman lectures.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When did that option in the menu bar pop up? Indie, cool :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
haha yeah, I just put up a shoutcast server on my system and thought it would be fun to share :)

I think that is a good idea!
I can browse the forums and listen to music at the same time...:)

I also think of having a live music forum in which members are able to upload songs they like to share with others. A friend of mine usually send me some links to some of the songs he found on his "travel" to other forums on the net, although I don't understand his language, those songs' melodies sound really great, and I very much love them.
Those forums I come to have a look from time to time, are also moderated quite well...Uploaded songs are unable to be downloaded again from server, and their sounds are actually not as good as when they were in their "original" forms, but they are all still good enough for people to enjoy, and it is of certainty that all of the new songs are not allowed for any upload.

I think it is good (individually..:) )

Just a thought anyway...:)

Last edited:
I was also thinking of streaming the feynman lectures, but I don't know how legal that would be.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I was also thinking of streaming the feynman lectures, but I don't know how legal that would be.

Make a rap remix and play it under the name of "Ofey Ice"

Njorl

I just tuned in and the Smashing Pumpkins were on. My Fav!

Greg, you should put up a playlist so we can see the queue. Also a song request form would be cool.

Njorl said:
Make a rap remix and play it under the name of "Ofey Ice"

Speaking of which...

"the undisputed king of theoretical gangsta-astrophysics"

Last edited:
Jeez, Greg. What's with the death metal?

By the way, is that your voice on the interludes?

Last edited:
loseyourname said:
Jeez, Greg. What's with the death metal?

By the way, is that your voice on the interludes?

Haha I threw just a few metal songs in there, the rest are pop and indie.

Nah that voice is a text-to-voice program.

Greg you are the man! Thanks

Related to Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option

What is "Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option"?

"Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option" is an event that features live performances from independent and alternative music artists, while also offering a unique and trendy menu selection.

How often does this event take place?

This event can vary in frequency, as it depends on the specific location and organizers. Some may occur weekly, monthly, or even just once a year.

Who are the performers at this event?

The performers at "Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option" are typically independent and alternative music artists who specialize in a variety of genres, such as indie rock, folk, or electronic music.

Is this event suitable for all ages?

This can also vary depending on the location and organizers. Some may be open to all ages, while others may have age restrictions. It is best to check with the event details or contact the organizers for more information.

What type of food and drinks are typically offered at this event?

The menu options at "Live Music: Indie & Cool Menu Option" can range from traditional bar food to more unique and trendy options, such as craft beers and artisanal cocktails. It is a great opportunity to try new and exciting dishes while enjoying live music.