Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Server
In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of thermal power dissipation data for Lenovo servers, despite their claims of meeting Energy Star requirements. The individual is looking for specific information on thermal information and is seeking suggestions on how to obtain this data from Lenovo. The possibility of eliminating them as a potential supplier is also mentioned.
Saladsamurai
I am looking for thermal power dissipation data on Lenovo servers. A lot of the big companies like Dell and HP have Energy Star Power and Performance Data Sheets like this:

Perf.jpg

I cannot for the life of me find anything like this for Lenovo Servers. They claim to have servers that meet E Star requirements, but they don't seem to back up the claims (at least publicly).

I specifically need the info under "Thermal Information" (i.e. airflow at delta T, power dissipation as a function of loading, etc...)

Anyone have any ideas to collect this data?

You would think that they would want this stuff to be accessible.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I know it might seem like a silly question but - have you asked them? if they can't/won't provide the data - you've at least eliminated them them as a potential supplier!

I completely understand your frustration in trying to find this data. It is important to have accurate and accessible thermal power dissipation data for servers in order to make informed decisions about energy efficiency and performance.

My suggestion would be to reach out directly to Lenovo and inquire about their thermal power dissipation data for their servers. They may have this information available but it may not be easily accessible on their website. Additionally, you can also try reaching out to independent third-party testing labs or research institutions that may have conducted tests on Lenovo servers and have this data available.

It is important for companies like Lenovo to make this data readily available in order to demonstrate their commitment to energy efficiency and transparency. I would also recommend advocating for more standardized reporting and data availability in the server industry as a whole, in order to make it easier for consumers to compare and make informed decisions. Thank you for bringing this issue to light and I hope you are able to obtain the data you need.

Related to Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data

What is Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data?

Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data is a set of information that specifies the maximum amount of heat a Lenovo server can dissipate under normal operating conditions.

Why is Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data important?

Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data is important because it helps determine the appropriate cooling system and power supply needed for a server to operate efficiently and prevent overheating.

How is Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data measured?

Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data is typically measured in watts (W) and is based on the maximum power consumption of the server's components, such as the processor, memory, and storage devices.

What factors can affect Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data?

The Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data can be affected by the server's workload, ambient temperature, and the efficiency of the cooling system.

Can Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data change over time?

Yes, Lenovo Server Thermal Power Dissipation Data can change over time as new components are added or upgraded, or as the server's workload increases. It is important to regularly monitor the server's thermal power dissipation to ensure it is within its specified limits.