Learning Kanji from a Math Person's Viewpoint

• MHB
  • Thread starter Monoxdifly
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a Facebook page created by a mathematic graduate to teach Kanji, with the first image uploaded showing how the Kanji for 1, 2, and 3 are similar to Roman numerals when rotated 90 degrees. The page is in Indonesian and the image is a helpful visual representation for learning Kanji.
Monoxdifly
MHB
Hey everyone. I make a Facebook page in which we learn Kanji from a viewpoint of a mathematic graduate cause I am one myself. It's all in Indonesian, though. Here is the page:
https://facebook.com/ShuugakuHitoKaraKanjiNiNarau/
This is the first image which I uploaded there:
https://scontent.fsub2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17992338_1249539205166478_5806092878597818887_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGdO1YOipo7m9K8abrdXVpLcJ5SDe-CkMRSIao6W7MjfNoqBK0C0G_sDoz0enHRE_luU-CHAEEvX6AHs1201V_NBFbGziFHno9qL1ZdCMongrF-nKyxBCvb4u4dqZ5xt7g&oh=b39e529f94118ca70f065e0089893625&oe=59865DA7
The Kanji for 1, 2, and 3 are similar to their Roman numeral (I, II, and III) rotated 90 degrees (一, 二 and 三).

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello! Thank you for sharing your Facebook page with us. It's great to see someone using their background in mathematics to teach Kanji. I checked out your page and the first image you uploaded, and it's a great visual representation of how the Kanji for 1, 2, and 3 are similar to their Roman numeral counterparts when rotated 90 degrees. This is a simple but effective way to help people remember these characters. Keep up the good work!

Related to Learning Kanji from a Math Person's Viewpoint

What is the benefit of learning Kanji from a math person's viewpoint?

Learning Kanji from a math person's viewpoint can help with understanding the structure and logic behind the characters. This can make memorization and recognition easier, as well as aid in understanding compound Kanji words.

How does a math person approach learning Kanji?

A math person may approach learning Kanji by breaking down the characters into smaller components, analyzing the radicals and their meanings, and identifying patterns and relationships between characters.

Can learning Kanji from a math person's viewpoint improve retention and recall?

Yes, learning Kanji from a math person's viewpoint can improve retention and recall by providing a systematic and logical approach to memorization. This can help with recognizing and recalling characters in various contexts.

Are there any disadvantages to learning Kanji from a math person's viewpoint?

One potential disadvantage is that it may not work for everyone, as learning styles vary from person to person. Additionally, some people may find the math-focused approach to be too analytical and prefer a more intuitive approach to learning Kanji.

How can a math person's viewpoint be applied to learning Kanji in practical situations?

A math person's viewpoint can be applied by using mnemonics, creating associations between characters and their meanings, and using logic to break down and understand complex Kanji words. This can be particularly useful when learning specialized terminology or technical terms.