Kindly tell me the material used to make these blades

• Thread starter T C
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Material
In summary, the conversation revolves around trying to determine the materials used to make a model, specifically the blades, which is made through a 3D printer using synthetic resin. However, it is difficult to determine the exact material from a photo and the creator of the project is unwilling to provide an answer. The conversation also touches on the importance of asking good questions and finding the right information. Ultimately, the dimensions of the turbine are revealed to be 50 cm external diameter, 36 cm internal diameter, and 7 cm width.
T C
TL;DR Summary
There is a photo given below and I specifically want to know what kind of materials are used to make the blades. I just know that it has been made by a 3D printer.
1589293902275.png
Kindly look at the photo and tell me what kind of materials are used to make the model. I specifically want to know what kind of materials are used to make the blades. I just know that it's made of synthetic resin by a 3D printer. But kindly specify what kind of synthetic resin is used here.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Why not contact the creator of this project?

It's next to impossible to look at a photo and say oh yeah they used X to make it.

Likes DaveE
Can you inform me something? If yes, then kindly inform.

He did. He said "It's next to impossible to look at a photo and say oh yeah they used X to make it. "

Likes russ_watters
It looks to be a solid, not a liquid or a gas.

• Haha
Likes Joe591, Dale, phinds and 5 others
@T C We cannot give you an answer. Why? Because it can be many different resins and a picture does not allow us to differentiate among those resins.

We need a link to the original article. Where did you find the picture?
Is it a turbine rotor, ducted fan, or a diffuser?
What are the dimensions?

In general, I find it kind of depressing that people are so reluctant to say I don't know and also that others can't accept that as a useful answer.

Also, there is a lot of knowledge and art in asking a good question. Good questions get the best answers.

Edit: BTW, I don't know either.

Likes Joe591 and russ_watters
DaveE said:
Also, there is a lot of knowledge and art in asking a good question. Good questions get the best answers.
Susan Sontag wrote; "The only interesting answers are those which destroy the question".

If the OP asked the right question, the answer would be obvious, they would know the answer themselves, so they would not have asked it. It is our job to ask questions, until we almost find out what the right question should have been, at which point the OP will realize they knew the answer all the time.

If we knew something about the device we could reverse engineer the construction and materials required.

Likes DaveE and Klystron
Baluncore said:
We need a link to the original article. Where did you find the picture?Is it a turbine rotor, ducted fan, or a diffuser?What are the dimensions?
It's a turbine having 50 cm external diameter and 36 cm internal diameter. In short, the the width is 7 cm.

• Sad
Likes Vanadium 50 and berkeman
T C said:
It's a turbine having 50 cm external diameter and 36 cm internal diameter. In short, the the width is 7 cm.
And where did you get the picture?

Likes russ_watters
From a friend of mine. It's a part of new kind of power generation system.

Have you asked your friend what material was used to 3D print the part? Or maybe have your friend ask their friend...

Likes russ_watters
Yes. But haven't got any reply. He is reluctant to answer.

jedishrfu said:
Why not contact the creator of this project?

It's next to impossible to look at a photo and say oh yeah they used X to make it.
Question answered. Thread closed.

Likes jedishrfu, russ_watters and berkeman

Related to Kindly tell me the material used to make these blades

1. What kind of material is typically used to make blades?

The most common material used to make blades is steel. This is because steel is strong, durable, and can hold a sharp edge.

2. Are there any other materials that can be used to make blades?

Yes, there are other materials that can be used to make blades. Some examples include ceramic, titanium, and carbon fiber. These materials may have different properties and are often used for specific purposes.

3. How is the material chosen for a specific type of blade?

The material for a blade is chosen based on its intended use. For example, a kitchen knife may require a different type of steel than a hunting knife. The material is also chosen based on factors such as strength, sharpness, and corrosion resistance.

4. Are there any environmentally-friendly materials used to make blades?

Yes, there are environmentally-friendly materials used to make blades. Some manufacturers use recycled materials or sustainable alternatives to traditional materials like bamboo or wood. However, these materials may not be as durable or strong as steel.

5. Can the material used to make blades affect their performance?

Yes, the material used to make blades can greatly affect their performance. Different materials have different properties that can impact factors such as sharpness, durability, and weight. It is important to choose the right material for the intended use of the blade.