Kamelot: Amazing Music from "The Black Halo" Album

• Music
  • Thread starter Zeteg
  • Start date
In summary, Kamelot released a new album called "The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)." The album is based around a book by the same name and is said to be a haunting experience. Some people are not liking the album because of the voice, while others are enjoying the music. Epica and Black Halo, another metal band, are both based off of a book and mention God and Mephisto. They both have a set religion, but Epica and Black Halo are not the same.
Zeteg
http://www.spv.de/eng/kamelot/default.html
Scroll down, and click, "The Haunting (Somewhere In Time)." You'll need Real Player

I was so amazed... and now I'm just excited. I've been waiting for The Black Halo, since Epica came out in 2003. This album comes out in March (unless you're in Japan). They released that song for all the anxious people that have been waiting! I'm sooooo excited. I'm definitely going to pre-order this :)

Now, before you smite all metal bands, Kamelot is, different. Instead of using overpowering guitars and other instruments, they melodically converge all the instruments and the vocals. The end result, is absolutely amazing. Actually, I sleep to the last part of Epica every night. Yes, it's that soothing. It puts me to sleep within five minutes. When it's not playing, it takes me about 20 or so minutes to fall asleep.

What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
That's actually a good song. Forgive my suprise, but I'm usually disappointed when people recommend songs.

Hehe :D

Actually, I believe these are the lyrics. Someone wrote them down though, so they might not be completely accurate.

Hearing the sound of your voice,
Made me believe that, that you were her...
Just like the river disturbs my inner peace...

Once I believed I could find,
Just a trace of her beloved soul,
Once I believed she was all
Then she smothered my beliefs

On a cold winter's night, I may follow her voice to the river,

Leave me for now and forever, leave while you can.

Chorus: Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again,
Like the waves sweeps the earth,
Somewhere in time when your virtues are left to defend
You're falling deep

I was a liar in every debate
I ruled the forces that fueled your hate,
when the cold in my heart leaves it comes to an end
quietly now, go to sleep.

How could that first time occur,
when memories linger, all along,
what made me think you were her?
Helena is dead to all, dead to all

Nothing can bring her to life,
don't pretend that I'll be loving you,
once I believed she was gone, uncorrupted, from within

Leave, leave me for now and forever, leave while you can

(Chorus)

Follow me into the light
Simone: Dance on a lake of tears I'll take you through
Or leave me tonight
I've gone to far to begin all anew
with someone like you.

Somewhere in time I will find you and love you again,
Like the waves sweeps the earth,
Somewhere in time when your virtues are left to defend
You're falling deep

Kamelot is one of my favourite bands... I have the albums Karma and The Fourth Legacy. My favourite songs are Glory, Lunar Sanctum and The Spell. There should be more groups combining medieval themes with power metal...

Is that band quite religious? Just curious.

Dooga Blackrazor said:
I'm usually disappointed when people recommend songs.

I hear you.

I have to say thanks to whoever recommended Ennio Morricone on this site. He's awesome.

Back to KAMELOT:

I'm not liking it. I don't like the voice, but the musical part is good.

I enjoy all kinds of classical music, and heavy music. My favourites for classical would be...

Ennio Morricone
Mozart
Vivaldi

(I pick these three out of the many because Ennio has just good music that stands out, Mozart is just beautifully jaw-dropping, and Vivaldi is just smoothly played. I would pick others, but haven't heard much of their other stuff, usually 2-3 songs. I don't get classical music from the net because half of them aren't the entire song or what not. The CD's I buy are mostly greatest hits of a wide variety of artists. I heard many of Beethoven's music and he's good, but not good enough to make my list.)

My favourites for heavy would be...

Dope
Shadows Fall
Unearth

(I've recently heard "A Day and A Deathwish" (a band) and they may make the list, but they are more punk based.)

To listen to Shadows Fall:
http://mp4.centurymedia.com/audio/powerofiandi.mp3

*straight from their website, so it is legal.

To listen to Dope:
http://www.dopearmy.com/index2.html

*go to audio and because most people like "Burn" I recommend that song.

To listen to Unearth:
http://www.unearth.tv/index.php

*go to media and because most people like "Endless" I recommend that song.

Note: For all the music recommended;
(Parental Advisory - Explicit Content)​

Currently, in my Pocket PC, I have all classical music, but I should be ripping my CD's to get some heavy stuff on there. Yes, they are two extremely different styles of music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dooga Blackrazor said:
Is that band quite religious? Just curious.

Hmm, I'm not actually sure about that. It's bad business to be religious, or not, since you isolate your listeners.

Epica and The Black Halo, do mention God and Mephisto. However, Epica and Black Halo are based on one of Faust's books. It's quite an interesting story. It's about Mephisto tricking Ariel, and Helena dies. Eventually, Ariel blames God for everything that's happend. "Why did god take away the one thing I wanted? Maybe God is a melody we all serenade".

However, I don't believe they have a set religion. I mean, they mentioned Karma, which is more or less a Budest view, is it not?

Anyhow, whatever is in the lyrics for Kamelot, is quite easily interpreted into something else. On a side note, I love the vocals :P

Forgive my bungling, but I see no link. I see the song in the list, but no way of playing it. Possible they've deactivated it? Maybe it got too popular.

I'm guessing. I was probably eating up 100 megs or so/day of bandwidth just by myself =\ Sorry, I guess it's down now =(

You didn't record it by any chance?

Related to Kamelot: Amazing Music from "The Black Halo" Album

1. What is the concept behind "The Black Halo" album by Kamelot?

The concept behind "The Black Halo" album is based on the story of Goethe's "Faust". The album follows the journey of the protagonist, Ariel, who makes a deal with a demon to achieve fame and fortune, but ultimately realizes the consequences of his actions.

2. Who are the members of Kamelot?

The current members of Kamelot are Tommy Karevik (vocals), Thomas Youngblood (guitar), Sean Tibbetts (bass), Oliver Palotai (keyboards), and Alex Landenburg (drums). Former members include Roy Khan (vocals) and Casey Grillo (drums).

3. When was "The Black Halo" album released?

"The Black Halo" was released on March 15, 2005.

4. What are some notable songs from "The Black Halo" album?

Some notable songs from "The Black Halo" album include "March of Mephisto", "The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)", and "Serenade".

5. How did "The Black Halo" album perform commercially?

"The Black Halo" album was well received by fans and critics alike, and it peaked at #31 on the Billboard Top Independent Albums chart. It also helped Kamelot gain a larger fan base and solidify their place in the symphonic metal genre.