Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum - Find Links Here

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, a forum has been found that may be of interest to jet engine enthusiasts. The conversation also discusses the permissibility of providing links to other forums and the beauty and design behind jet engines. One member expresses interest in building a jet engine and another mentions knowing other similar forums but is unsure if sharing them is allowed.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have found a forum that may be of interest to jet engine enthusiasts
is it permitted to provide link?

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I have found a forum that may be of interest to jet engine enthusiasts
is it permitted to provide link?

Greg Himself has provided links to competing forums in his posts IIRC.
It is a sign (one imagines) of a noble-spirited magnanimity.

there was some thread a while back about some forum with a name like
"sciforums" and either Tom or Greg was very open about links, if I am not mistaken.

I would be disappointed if I were wrong---its just a dim memory.

More to the point. A Pratt-Whitney or a Rolls jet engine is a human artifact of great beauty------one may pin the picture in a suitable place, as one does a picture of a classic motorcycle

framing is optional, a frayed corner or a grease-stain does not detract.

the Figure of Merit is, so I understand, power-to-weight
or is it thrust-to-weight? Hmmm, might like to visit that site (if you provide a link)

Last edited:
I know a bunch of cool forums too with similar intellectual type stuff as this one, but don't know if I should post them directly, owners of most forums don't seem to like that.

Related to Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum - Find Links Here

1. What is the purpose of the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum?

The purpose of the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum is to provide a platform for individuals who are interested in jet engines to connect, share knowledge, and discuss various topics related to jet engines.

2. How can I join the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum?

To join the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum, you can simply visit the website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will be prompted to create a username and password, and then you can start participating in the forum discussions.

3. What type of information can I find on the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum?

On the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum, you can find a variety of information related to jet engines, including discussions on different types of jet engines, news and updates in the jet engine industry, maintenance and troubleshooting tips, and more.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members must follow when participating in the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum. These rules are in place to ensure a respectful and productive environment for all members. Some of the rules include no spamming, no personal attacks, and no sharing of copyrighted material.

5. Can I share my own jet engine-related content on the Jet Engine Enthusiasts Forum?

Yes, members are encouraged to share their own content, such as articles, videos, or photos related to jet engines on the forum. However, please make sure that the content is relevant and follows the forum's guidelines and rules.