I've picked up a 7th Referral.

• Thread starter quantumdude
  • Start date
In summary, there are six people that I know of that have registered on this site, but I only show four. I think you should look for them amongs you friend in other scientific forums.
quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've picked up a 7th Referral. Is there a way for me to find the usernames of these people? I know 6 of them, and am curious to know who the latest one is.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good question, I know 6 people I referred here signed up, but I only show 4. Perhaps they didn't all reference me.

I think you should look for them amongs you friend in other scientific forums.

More than half of my referrals are people I know personally (2 former students, a co-worker, and my girlfriend). Between all the people I know in the real world and the virtual world, I think I would have a hard time tracking the 7th referral down.

Oh interesting! Now we would have a hard time to find these people you know personally especially the last 1! :rolleyes:
I myself introduce this site to some of my friends, but never talk to them about my UN. (I think the can simply recognize me if they stick around sometimes) But you know since you registered with your real name and you're a mentor even if people who know you, find this site by themselves, they can simply recognize you're here!

Where do your referrals show? I know at least two people that I've referred have registered here. It would be interesting to see if they credited me or not.

loseyourname said:
Where do your referrals show? I know at least two people that I've referred have registered here. It would be interesting to see if they credited me or not.
In your public profile, under "Forum Info". You have 1 ref.

My referral count was 6, now it has come down to 3(I don't understand how) and I don't know a single person who has referred me.

I ahve 2. but I think it should be one. because when I registered franzbear's account, I didn't know what a refferal was, and I typed yomamma.

I also noticed I have one referal, and I have no idea who it is.

I would also like to know who tried to get into my computer today from this IP:

211.58.208.245:4065

zoobyshoe said:
I also noticed I have one referal, and I have no idea who it is.
I would also like to know who tried to get into my computer today from this IP:
211.58.208.245:4065
I don't know who... but a "VisualRoute" lookup yields
211.58.208.245 | ?Seoul, Korea | Hanaro Telecom Inc.

robphy said:
I don't know who... but a "VisualRoute" lookup yields
211.58.208.245 | ?Seoul, Korea | Hanaro Telecom Inc.
Thanks, robphy. I have no idea who that could be, though.

Tom Mattson said:
and my girlfriend
Please let me know who she is so I can start flirting with her to annoy you.:biggrin:

why can't we see the number of our referrals anymore?:bugeye:

Hello?

Related to I've picked up a 7th Referral.

1. What is a 7th referral?

A 7th referral refers to the act of referring a person for a specific purpose or task for the seventh time.

2. Why is it significant to pick up a 7th referral?

Picking up a 7th referral can be significant because it shows that the person being referred trusts your judgment and values your opinion.

3. Is there a limit to the number of referrals one can pick up?

There is no specific limit to the number of referrals one can pick up. However, it is important to maintain a balance and not overwhelm oneself with too many referrals.

4. How does picking up a 7th referral impact one's professional reputation?

Picking up a 7th referral can positively impact one's professional reputation as it shows that they are knowledgeable, reliable, and well-connected in their field.

5. Can a 7th referral lead to career advancement?

Yes, a 7th referral can potentially lead to career advancement as it demonstrates one's credibility and expertise in their field, which can open up new opportunities and connections.