Is this correct? Newton's second law related.

In summary: The acceleration is v^2/r.In summary, on an object with a mass of 3 kg a single force F acts perpendicular to the speed of the object. The object moves in a circle with a radius of 2 meters and the period is 3 seconds. To find the acceleration, use the formula T=2*pi*r/v and then plug in the value of v into the formula a=v^2/2. To find the module of the force F, use the formula F=m*v^2/r - mg and plug in all the available data. The force acting on the object is the tension of the rope, which is found by using the formula T*cosx=mg. The force is equal to
Questions999
On an object with a mass of 3 kg a single force F acts perpendicular to the speed of the object.The object moves in a circle with a radius of 2 meters and the period is 3 seconds.a) Find the acceleration. I have the formula T=2*pi*r/v ,I find v here and then in the formula a=v^2/2 I replace v.
b) Find the module of the force F.
I think that it is F=m*v^2/r - mg and I have all the data to find F.

Physics news on Phys.org
Elaia06 said:
On an object with a mass of 3 kg a single force F acts perpendicular to the speed of the object.The object moves in a circle with a radius of 2 meters and the period is 3 seconds.a) Find the acceleration. I have the formula T=2*pi*r/v ,I find v here and then in the formula a=v^2/2 I replace v.
Correct.

Elaia06 said:
b) Find the module of the force F.
I think that it is F=m*v^2/r - mg and I have all the data to find F.
Incorrect.

what is exactly incorrect ? :)

oh is it 0?the force?

Last edited:
Elaia06 said:

Maybe the force is equal to the tension?
If the object is rotated at the end of a rope in a circular path, then the force acting on it is the tension of the rope. For example if a car is driving circular track then the force is friction.

so now I have T*cosx=mg ..and I find T :) Thanks :D

Elaia06 said:

oh is it 0?the force?
Nope. Then it wouldn't be in circular motion at all.

Elaia06 said:
so now I have T*cosx=mg ..and I find T :) Thanks :D
Am I missing something here? What is module of a force? The force is simply F=m*v^2/r

Related to Is this correct? Newton's second law related.

1. Is Newton's second law always correct?

Yes, Newton's second law is considered to be one of the fundamental principles of physics and is used to accurately predict the motion of objects in most situations.

2. How is Newton's second law related to forces?

Newton's second law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on the object and inversely proportional to its mass. In other words, the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be.

3. Can Newton's second law be used to calculate the mass of an object?

Yes, Newton's second law can be rearranged to calculate the mass of an object if the force and acceleration are known. The formula is mass = force/acceleration.

4. Are there any exceptions to Newton's second law?

Newton's second law is only applicable to objects that are moving in a straight line at a constant speed or with a constant acceleration. It does not apply to objects that are experiencing non-uniform motion or are moving at speeds close to the speed of light.

5. How did Newton come up with his second law?

Newton's second law was developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the late 17th century based on his observations and experiments with the motion of objects. He used the laws of motion to explain and mathematically describe the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration.