Is the subscriptions page gone?

• Thread starter Vishera
  • Start date
In summary, Forums >> Watched Threads seems to default to "Unread Watched Threads." Having an list of only unread, watched threads is nice to have sometimes. But often I'd really like to have a list of Watched Threads, whether I've read them or not. For me anyway, it very common that I'll subscribe (watch) a thread, think about the content for awhile, and then want to come back to it when I'm ready to post. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with this new system without manually navigating through the menus to find the thread, or wait until somebody else posts to the thread such that it shows up as unread again.
Vishera
I really liked the subscriptions page: https://www.physicsforums.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Subscriptions are now under Forums >> Watched Threads and Forums >> Watched Forums

Likes Vishera
The

Forums >> Watched Threads

seems to default to "Unread Watched Threads." Having an list of only unread, watched threads is nice to have sometimes. But often I'd really like to have a list of Watched Threads, whether I've read them or not.

For me anyway, it very common that I'll subscribe (watch) a thread, think about the content for awhile, and then want to come back to it when I'm ready to post. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with this new system without manually navigating through the menus to find the thread, or wait until somebody else posts to the thread such that it shows up as unread again.

I see that there is a new My PF >> Your Content, which is nice, but it doesn't seem to be preserving the order of threads, and don't think it displays threads that you are watching but haven't posted in.

Is there a way to view a list of Watched Threads, even the ones that I've already read? Am I missing something simple?

collinsmark said:
Is there a way to view a list of Watched Threads, even the ones that I've already read? Am I missing something simple?
Click where it says "https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads/all".

collinsmark said:
The

seems to default to "Unread Watched Threads." Having an list of only unread, watched threads is nice to have sometimes. But often I'd really like to have a list of Watched Threads, whether I've read them or not.

For me anyway, it very common that I'll subscribe (watch) a thread, think about the content for awhile, and then want to come back to it when I'm ready to post. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with this new system without manually navigating through the menus to find the thread, or wait until somebody else posts to the thread such that it shows up as unread again.

I see that there is a new My PF >> Your Content, which is nice, but it doesn't seem to be preserving the order of threads, and don't think it displays threads that you are watching but haven't posted in.

You could try bookmarking: https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads/all but there really should be a way to access this link directly from the Forums menu.

collinsmark said:
The

Nevermind! Found it!

To see All Watched Threads, click on the "There may be more to view" text in the upper left part of the banner text.

Earlier, I didn't know this was click-able. But it is, and after clicking on it, a list of All Watched Threads is displayed.[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads/all[/PLAIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Is the subscriptions page gone?

1. What happened to the subscriptions page?

The subscriptions page may have been removed due to updates or changes in the website. It could also be a temporary issue that will be resolved soon.

2. Can I still access my subscriptions?

If the subscriptions page is no longer available, you may still be able to access your subscriptions through another page or section of the website. You can also try contacting customer support for assistance.

3. Is there a way to view my subscription history?

If the subscriptions page is no longer available, you may not be able to view your subscription history. However, you can try contacting customer support to see if they can provide you with this information.

4. Will my subscriptions be cancelled?

If the subscriptions page is gone, it does not necessarily mean that your subscriptions will be cancelled. It could be a temporary issue or the subscriptions may have been moved to a different page on the website.

5. How can I manage my subscriptions now?

If the subscriptions page is no longer available, you can try contacting customer support for assistance in managing your subscriptions. They may be able to provide you with alternative ways to view or manage your subscriptions.