Is the PF Journal Traffic Decline Real?

• Thread starter Phobos
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the decrease in activity on PF journals since the site upgrade. The poster mentions that they post in their journal every day and wonders if the "Read Journal" link was always under the poster's name. Another user clarifies that this link only exists for members who have journals and the original poster mentions not always seeing the link under their own name. The conversation then shifts to the time and a joke about needing to buy a watch.
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is it my imagination or have the PF journals died since the site upgrade? (fewer posts, fewer views, almost no comments)

Seems like it was on the upswing not too long ago.

Physics news on Phys.org
I post in my journal every day!

Edit: Before the upgrade was there always a "Read Journal" link under the posters name? I've noticed that somtimes it's there while other times it's not.

Last edited:
dav2008 said:
I post in my journal every day!

Edit: Before the upgrade was there always a "Read Journal" link under the posters name? I've noticed that somtimes it's there while other times it's not.
This link only exists under the UN of member who have journals!

Lisa! said:
This link only exists under the UN of member who have journals!
I meant that I don't always see it under my own name.

dav2008 said:
I meant that I don't always see it under my own name.
Sorry I've never noticed that!:redface:

What time is it, btw?

Time to buy a watch. :-p

Related to Is the PF Journal Traffic Decline Real?

1. What is journal traffic drop-off?

Journal traffic drop-off refers to the decrease in the number of visitors or readers to a particular journal over a given period of time. This can be measured by tracking the number of page views, unique visitors, or other metrics.

2. What are some common reasons for journal traffic drop-off?

There are several potential reasons for journal traffic drop-off. Some common ones include changes in search engine algorithms, a decrease in the quality or relevance of content, competition from other journals or sources, and technical issues such as slow loading times or broken links.

3. How can I prevent journal traffic drop-off?

To prevent journal traffic drop-off, it is important to regularly assess and improve the quality of content, ensure that the website is user-friendly and technically sound, and actively promote the journal through various channels such as social media and email marketing. Collaborating with other reputable journals or organizations can also help increase visibility and attract new readers.

4. Is it normal for journals to experience traffic drop-off?

Yes, it is normal for journals to experience traffic drop-off at some point. This may be due to external factors such as changes in user behavior or search engine algorithms. However, it is important to regularly analyze and address any significant drops in traffic to prevent long-term negative effects on the journal's readership and reputation.

5. Can journal traffic drop-off be reversed?

Yes, journal traffic drop-off can be reversed through strategic efforts such as improving content quality, optimizing the website for search engines, and actively promoting the journal. It may take some time and effort, but with the right strategies, it is possible to regain lost traffic and attract new readers to the journal.