Is Reality Truly What We Perceive? Don't Miss BBC 2's Horizon at 9pm Tonight!

• Thread starter P-Jay1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk Urgent
In summary, the conversation is about the BBC 2 show "Horizon: What is reality?" featuring physicist Max Tegmark. The discussion includes information about accessing the show through iplayer and opinions on the show's worth and TV science in general. The conversation also mentions a desire for more programs on math.
P-Jay1
BBC 2, 9pm, Horizon: What is reality?

GET WATCHING!

Physics news on Phys.org
P-Jay1 said:
BBC 2, 9pm, Horizon: What is reality?

GET WATCHING!
You need to explain what this about.

Hmm, it seems the PF philosophy section, not content with the new rules here, has spread it's wings and relocated to the BBC. :rolleyes:

jarednjames said:
Hmm, it seems the PF philosophy section, not content with the new rules here, has spread it's wings and relocated to the BBC. :rolleyes:
:-p

thanks.

Last edited:
P-Jay1 said:
Ah, yeas! Are you in the USA? If so, do you get iplayer?

The BBC restricts iplayer to only UK IP addresses. For us Americans to use iplayer, we would need to use a UK proxy.

There are a few around =] So if you're desperate it should be doable.
Now its finished was the consensus that it was worth watching?

First question ajclarke, out of everyone here, who watched it? (I didn't)

I haven't either that's why I was asking if it was worth it before I sit down for an hour or two :D

I'm not a fan of TV science mostly, find it over dramatised and "rehydrated"

I think reality is over-rated. :rolleyes:

There should be more progammes on maths! :smile:

Related to Is Reality Truly What We Perceive? Don't Miss BBC 2's Horizon at 9pm Tonight!

1. What is meant by "Urgent: Strictly uk only"?

"Urgent: Strictly uk only" means that the matter is time-sensitive and is only applicable to individuals or organizations within the United Kingdom.

2. Why is this issue only relevant to the UK?

This issue may be specific to the UK due to local laws, regulations, or cultural differences that are not applicable to other countries.

3. Can individuals outside of the UK still participate in this project?

No, this project is strictly limited to individuals and organizations within the UK and may not be relevant or applicable to those outside of the country.

4. Is there a specific reason for this limitation?

Yes, there may be specific legal or logistical reasons for this limitation, such as the project being funded by a UK-based organization or requiring physical presence in the UK.

5. Will there be any exceptions to the "Strictly uk only" rule?

It depends on the specific project or issue. If there are any exceptions, they will be clearly stated and communicated. Otherwise, the rule will be strictly enforced.