Is My FBD Servo Link Simulation Unstable Due to Equation Errors?

In summary, the conversation is about a system that needs to be modeled using Simulink. The available variables and constants are listed, and equations are derived from free body diagrams. However, when attempting to simulate the system, an error for step size appears, suggesting a mistake in the equations. One expert suggests that the equations for F and T_l may be incorrect.
trojsi

Homework Statement

I have this system (attached) which I need to model using simulink (attached).

Homework Equations

My available variables/constants are: y, y', tita, tita dot, tita double dot, m=0.1, c=0.1, k=300, l=0.3.

I derived the following equations from the free body diagrams;

y = l*sin(tita)

[itex]F = m\ddot{x} = l(k)sin(θ)+l(b)cos(θ)[/itex]

[itex]T_{l} = Fcos(θ) + I\ddot{θ}[/itex] ;
where [itex]I = ml^{2}[/itex]
When I try simulating the system, it seems that it is unstable as an error for step size pops up. Do I have a mistake in my equations?

Attachments

• system_feedback.pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 192
  • servo_control.png
    servo_control.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Or is it something else?The Attempt at a SolutionI think the problem lies in your equations. The equation for F should be:F = m\ddot{y} = l(k)sin(θ)+l(b)cos(θ). Also, the equation for T_l should be:T_{l} = Fcos(θ) - I\ddot{θ}.

Related to Is My FBD Servo Link Simulation Unstable Due to Equation Errors?

What is an FBD servo link?

An FBD servo link is a type of servo motor that utilizes a feedback control system to accurately control the position, speed, and torque of a connected load.

What is an SMD?

SMD stands for Surface Mount Device. It is a type of electronic component that is mounted directly onto the surface of a printed circuit board (PCB) instead of being inserted through holes.

How does an FBD servo link with SMD work?

The FBD servo link with SMD works by using an embedded microcontroller to receive and process signals from the feedback sensors and send corresponding signals to the motor to control its movement.

What are the advantages of using an FBD servo link with SMD?

Some advantages of using an FBD servo link with SMD include its compact size, high precision and accuracy, fast response time, and low power consumption.

In what applications is an FBD servo link with SMD commonly used?

An FBD servo link with SMD is commonly used in applications that require precise and accurate control of position, speed, and torque, such as robotics, automation, and industrial machinery.