Is Mackerel and Potato Roast the Ultimate Comfort Food?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    potato
In summary, the conversation discusses a simple meal idea that involves roasting potatoes with chili, oregano, and sea salt, and adding canned mackerel as a topping. One person expresses their dislike for mackerel and suggests using canned salmon instead, which is agreed upon by another person.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I think i must be one, try this simple meal.

Roast some potatoes, add one chopped birds eye chili and a couple of branches of oregano and sea salt in the last 10 mins of cooking, put the spuds on a plate then add a tin of mackerel in oil, wow are you in for a treat.

Physics news on Phys.org
That doesn't sound to good... Of course most things that sound bad are actually very good. [Squid {aka calimari} Venison {deer}]

Sounded great until you opened the tin of mackerel. Yuck.

I'd go for canned salmon. I love the bones. It sounds great.

Evo said:
I'd go for canned salmon. I love the bones. It sounds great.

I with you there Evo. Salmon is delicious!

Related to Is Mackerel and Potato Roast the Ultimate Comfort Food?

1. What is Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast?

Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast is a dish made with mackerel fillets and sliced potatoes, seasoned and baked in the oven.

2. Is Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast healthy?

Yes, it is a healthy dish as mackerel is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein, while potatoes provide complex carbohydrates and various vitamins and minerals.

3. How do I make Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast?

To make Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast, you will need mackerel fillets, potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings. Simply layer the sliced potatoes and mackerel fillets in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.

4. Can I use different types of fish for this dish?

Yes, you can use different types of fish such as salmon or cod for this dish. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of fish used.

5. How should I store leftovers of Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast?

Leftovers of Tasty Mackerel and Potato Roast can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, simply place it in the oven or microwave until heated through.