Is Interviewing an Engineer for a School Project Allowed at PF?

In summary, you can interview an engineer even if you are not a scientist as long as you have a genuine interest in engineering and ask thoughtful questions. The purpose of interviewing an engineer is to gain knowledge about their work and perspectives, and to understand engineering processes and challenges. To prepare for an interview, research the engineer's background and prepare questions and familiarize yourself with technical terms. During the interview, ask about their education, job responsibilities, challenging projects, approach to problem-solving, and future goals. It is generally considered inappropriate to directly ask about salary, but you can inquire about their compensation and benefits package.
Dannyarizpe
Can I interview an engineer for a sophomore school project?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Dannyarizpe said:
Can I interview an engineer for a sophomore school project?

Welcome to the PF.

No, sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are no longer allowed at the PF.

Related to Is Interviewing an Engineer for a School Project Allowed at PF?

1. Can I interview an engineer even if I am not a scientist?

Yes, you can still interview an engineer even if you are not a scientist. As long as you have a genuine interest in the field of engineering and are willing to ask thoughtful questions, you can conduct an interview with an engineer.

2. What is the purpose of interviewing an engineer?

The purpose of interviewing an engineer is to gain insights and knowledge about their work, experiences, and perspectives in the field of engineering. It can also help you understand the processes, techniques, and challenges involved in engineering projects.

3. How can I prepare for an interview with an engineer?

To prepare for an interview with an engineer, it is important to research the engineer's background, their area of expertise, and the company they work for. You should also prepare a list of relevant questions and familiarize yourself with technical terms and concepts related to engineering.

4. What types of questions should I ask an engineer during an interview?

You can ask a variety of questions to an engineer during an interview, such as their education and training, their job responsibilities, their most challenging projects, their problem-solving approaches, and their future goals in the field of engineering. It is also beneficial to ask about their opinions on current trends and advancements in the industry.

5. Can I ask an engineer about their salary during an interview?

It is generally considered inappropriate to directly ask an engineer about their salary during an interview. However, you can ask about their compensation and benefits package, which may include their salary information. It is best to focus on their qualifications and experiences rather than their salary.