Is Google Local the Most Accurate and Detailed Business Locator?

In summary: Not online. Thanks for the correction I was confusing the two. It's print that let's you look at a page or two in a book. Not online.
exequor
In all the websites that offer a "local" service to find businesses near you I think that Google has the best. They have this satellite option that allows you to see clear images of buildings. I am sure you can spot your house with this thing once you zoom right it.

Though this is not real-time do you thing this service can be a bad thing for criminals?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I agree that, as usual, Google has outdone its competitors (in this case, Mapquest and Yahoo!) with maps.google.com and local.google.com. I have, in fact, located my house on the satellite photos.

I don't quite see how it could be a "bad thing" for crime, though.

- Warren

In the US, most counties provide aerial photographs of both residential and commercial property and the photos are much more close up than what you get on google. Also, anyone can find my address and get my name, see how much I paid for my house, what my taxes are, how much of my tax bill is paid year to date, what my current property appraisal is, and more.

scholar.google.com has also got the librarians worried that it might take their jobs--at least that's what the librarians said when I worked in the librarry

scholar.google.com has also got the librarians worried that it might take their jobs--at least that's what the librarians said when I worked in the librarry

I don't see how because doesn't Google Scholar just give a screenshot of a page in the book (or something like that)?

not when your in the library. you can gain access to many of the journals you find.

exequor said:
I don't see how because doesn't Google Scholar just give a screenshot of a page in the book (or something like that)?
Scholar searches journals and such, and it only returns addresses. I think you're thinking of Print.

honestrosewater said:
Scholar searches journals and such, and it only returns addresses. I think you're thinking of Print.

Thanks for the correction I was confusing the two. It's print that let's you look at a page or two in a book.

Related to Is Google Local the Most Accurate and Detailed Business Locator?

1. Is Google Local the best option for local search?

It is difficult to definitively say that Google Local is the best option for local search, as there are many factors to consider. However, Google has a vast amount of data and resources, making it a strong competitor in the local search market.

2. How accurate is the information on Google Local?

Google Local relies on a combination of user-generated content and information from verified sources to provide accurate information. However, there may still be some inaccuracies, as with any online platform.

3. Can businesses manipulate their rankings on Google Local?

Google has algorithms in place to prevent businesses from manipulating their rankings on Google Local. However, businesses can improve their visibility by optimizing their online presence and providing accurate and up-to-date information.

4. Are there any other local search options that are better than Google Local?

There are many other local search options available, such as Yelp, Bing Maps, and Apple Maps. It ultimately depends on the user's preferences and the specific location being searched.

5. Is Google Local available in all countries?

No, Google Local is not available in all countries. It is currently available in over 200 countries and territories, but there are still some areas where it may not be accessible.