IQ-test: only 12% of the population can solve this

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    population
In summary: I guess.In summary, Rickrolling is when someone tricks someone else into listening to a Rick Astley song.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
[PLAIN]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-quickly-now1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, soooo bad! You taken Rick rolling to a new high/low.

At least you won't hear that annoying music :biggrin:

micromass said:
At least you won't hear that annoying music :biggrin:
:redface: I like his music, my mom loved him.

never leaving to contribute them up?

I don't get it

:rolleyes:

Where do you get all this Rick rolling stuff?

BloodyFrozen said:
:rolleyes:

Where do you get all this Rick rolling stuff?

What do you think he's doing his PhD in?

Pengwuino said:
What do you think he's doing his PhD in?

Or who do you think my advisor is?? :smile:

"Micromass is being awarded his doctoral degrees in RickRollology due to his innovative design of a program aimed at increasing rick roll'ing by 30% on scientific web-sites. His studies were funded by multiple grants from Youtube."

Pengwuino said:
"Micromass is being awarded his doctoral degrees in RickRollology due to his innovative design of a program aimed at increasing rick roll'ing by 30% on scientific web-sites. His studies were funded by multiple grants from Youtube."

I see...

Pengwuino said:
:smile:

And the funny thing is, my first thought was: "OK...I know better than to click on anything."

Nope, I couldn't get it.

lisab said:

And the funny thing is, my first thought was: "OK...I know better than to click on anything."
micromass is the most feared member on PF! :biggrin:

Evo said:

One time, I clicked on his name to see his profile and got Rick Roll'd

pengwuino said:
one time, i clicked on his name to see his profile and got rick roll'd
lol!

I was "hiding" the window, waiting for a "screamer"
I screamed

i think the highest IQ score i ever got was like 85, doing pretty good in college with that IQ imo...

oh man.. you devil , you

Hehe I love Rick rolling. It's getting a bit old now, but what isn't is the inventive ways I've seen people come up with to do it.

The best one I saw was some guy explaining his relationship problems on facebook.

He started each reply with a word from the lyrics then at the end pointed it out, it was genius. :biggrin:

wukunlin said:
i think the highest IQ score i ever got was like 85, doing pretty good in college with that IQ imo...

Good for you, I don't think anyone really takes the IQ test all that seriously, it could just be that you are extremely weak in one area (if its reading and comprehension it would explain it) that you compensate for by being very strong in other areas which gives you an edge.

Last edited:
Evo said:

No Evo, you are, now do the right thing, and BAN him for the fourth time, but make it stick this time. If I hear one more thing about rick... I can't even say the phrase any more, I am going to puke.

Rhody...

Galron said:
Good for you, I don't think anyone really takes the IQ test all that seriously, it could just be that you are extremely weak in one area (if its reading and comprehension it would explain it) that you compensate for by being very strong in other areas which gives you an edge.

heh, watch the forums for a while and youll see how many people take IQ tests too seriously.

Pengwuino said:
heh, watch the forums for a while and youll see how many people take IQ tests too seriously.
when there is someone who brags about their IQ test scores all the time and I happen to be doing better than they are in course work, it is an excellent way to burst their ego :devil:

Pengwuino said:
RickRollology

Pengwuino said:

Blimey?

HeLiXe said:

I remember the first time I was rick rolled. This guy told me the link was to his favorite love song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
And I said OH I think I remember this...nice song. And he said, "Oh this younger generation does not even know when they are being rick rolled." :-p

I did not even know what rick rolling was -_-

Without using some time to 'look it up' ... I have no idea what rick rolling is ... ... :) ignorance is bliss

Related to IQ-test: only 12% of the population can solve this

1. What is an IQ-test?

An IQ-test is a standardized assessment used to measure a person's cognitive abilities, including problem-solving, critical thinking, and memory. It is often used to determine a person's intelligence quotient (IQ).

2. Why is only 12% of the population able to solve this particular IQ-test?

IQ-tests are designed to challenge a person's cognitive abilities, so it is expected that only a certain percentage of the population will be able to solve them. This particular IQ-test may have been designed to be more difficult than others, resulting in a smaller percentage of people being able to solve it.

3. Can someone improve their IQ score?

While IQ is typically thought to be a fixed trait, there is evidence that certain factors such as education, nutrition, and mental stimulation can help improve cognitive abilities and potentially increase IQ scores. However, the extent to which IQ scores can be improved is still a topic of debate among scientists.

4. Is a high IQ score a guarantee of success?

No, a high IQ score does not guarantee success. While IQ is associated with certain cognitive abilities, success is influenced by many other factors such as motivation, personality, and socio-economic status.

5. Are IQ-tests culturally biased?

There is ongoing debate about whether IQ-tests are culturally biased. Some argue that the tests favor certain cultural and educational backgrounds, while others argue that they are designed to be culturally neutral. Regardless, it is important to consider a person's cultural background and experiences when interpreting IQ scores.