Introductory Calculus For Infants by Inouye

In summary, the conversation discusses the book "Introductory Calculus For Infants" and compares it to other books at a similar level. The book is praised for its conversational style and approach to learning, as well as its exercises and hints. The conversation also mentions other books in the series, such as "Non-Euclidean Geometry for Babies" and "Web Design for Babies."

For those who have used this book

• Strongly Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly Recommend

• Lightly don't Recommend

• Strongly don't Recommend

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this like Spivak for toddlers? Do they do epsilon delta proofs using connect the dots?

This book bridges the gap from kindergarten mathematics to Rudin exceedingly well. It is written in a very conversational style- something that many books at this level lack. The author actually wants you to learn, as opposed to Rudin who just throws theorems at you. The exercises are at the right level; hints are provided for the more difficult problems. Master this text and then follow up with Rudin.

Jeebus, there is a whole series of these things: Non-Euclidean Geometry for Babies, Web Design for Babies (that is particularly horrifying) ...

We really don't have childhood anymore, do we?

I would first like to commend Omi M. Inouye for taking on the challenge of introducing calculus to infants. It is a bold and innovative approach that has the potential to shape young minds and foster a love for mathematics from an early age.

The title alone, "Introductory Calculus For Infants", sparks curiosity and intrigue. It immediately challenges the traditional notion that calculus is a complex and difficult subject that can only be understood by older students.

I am also impressed by the Amazon link provided, which shows that the book has garnered positive reviews and has been well-received by readers. This further emphasizes the potential impact and success of Inouye's approach.

I believe that introducing calculus to infants has the potential to lay a strong foundation for their future understanding of mathematics and problem-solving skills. It can also help develop their critical thinking abilities and analytical reasoning from a young age.

I am excited to see how this book will contribute to the field of early childhood education and mathematics. I hope that it will inspire other educators and parents to explore unconventional methods of teaching and learning. Overall, I am intrigued and impressed by the concept of "Introductory Calculus For Infants" and look forward to reading it myself.

Related to Introductory Calculus For Infants by Inouye

1. What is "Introductory Calculus For Infants by Inouye" about?

"Introductory Calculus For Infants by Inouye" is a book that introduces the basic concepts of calculus in a simple and easy-to-understand way for young children. It covers topics such as counting, addition, subtraction, and basic shapes, all using calculus principles.

2. How is this book different from other introductory calculus books?

This book is specifically designed for infants and young children, making it more accessible and engaging for them. It uses fun and interactive examples and illustrations to teach calculus concepts, making it a more enjoyable learning experience for young learners.

3. Can infants really learn calculus?

Yes, infants may not be able to fully grasp the complex mathematical concepts of calculus, but they can certainly be introduced to its basic principles and develop a foundation for future learning. This book aims to make calculus fun and approachable for young children, planting the seeds for future mathematical understanding.

4. Do I need to have a background in calculus to use this book with my child?

No, this book is designed for children and does not require any prior knowledge of calculus. It uses simple and easy-to-understand examples and explanations, making it accessible for parents and children alike.

5. Is "Introductory Calculus For Infants by Inouye" suitable for all ages?

While this book is targeted towards infants and young children, it can be enjoyed by children of all ages. Older children may find it a fun and unique way to review basic calculus concepts, while younger children can begin to develop an understanding of the subject at an early age.