Introducing Ellie Eleanor Frances - 7 lbs 12 oz and 19.5

• Thread starter physics girl phd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Introducing
In summary, Eleanor Frances (aka. "Ellie") arrived Sunday July 19 at 7:22 PM, weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces, and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. She's astonishingly good, but I think I need to go change a diaper.
Congrats PGP!

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
Okay... enough with the cuteness. Let's get on to the breastfeeding photos...
I don't belong to this site just for the intellectual stimulation.

I will say with the onset of real milk (and as a result a larger chest size than I thought I'd ever have!) Ellie's now much better at burping... the gas has gone down, resulting in a sweeter smelling baby, at least between the frequent diaper changes. (Tsu, you can come visit now.)

She's really become angelic. She's a snuggle bug but doesn't require CONSTANT snuggling... she's okay if she's in her little crib by herself when she stirs. The onset of real milk and better burping mean there are no longer lengthy crying spells.. Ellie goes to sleep sweetly and easily after every feeding, only staying awake to gurgle happily if you really bother her by tickling (which I also have to do to get her to stay awake for a full feeding -- she's a slow nurser due to a slight, but not complete, tongue-tie). She also wakes up sweetly, even if it's due to an uncomfortable diaper issue. Honestly, I now think I have the best baby in the world (although while in labor I yelled out several times... "I HATE this baby!"... the emotion which finally got me pushing hard).

She has her dad wrapped around her teeny finger, and the boys agree that we should not trade her in for a different baby.

So you have a little bit of peace now. Never hurts :smile:

Congrats! My little girl is due end of October!

physics girl phd said:
.. and the boys agree that we should not trade her in for a different baby.

Glad to hear that. I think you're past the warranty period now. :)

Back