Integrating an equation with scale factor

In summary, the user is trying to integrate an equation involving the scale factor R(t). They have attempted to integrate with respect to R, but have ended up with an extra term in their solution. They are puzzled by this and are seeking assistance to understand where the term may have gone.
Rick88

Homework Statement

Ok, the problem is simple enough, I think. I just think I'm missing something obvious.
I have an equation involving the scale factor R(t) and need to integrate it.

I am at the first equation and need to get to the second by integrating (with respect of R, I suppose)
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0845e0c8ef.jpg

Homework Equations

-

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried integrating wrt R and the solution is right except that I have a term too many. It seems that the first term, the one with the double dotted R, just disappears after integration?

I am puzzled by that.
I don't know where it goes and why.
The other terms, as I said, are right.

PS: the first equation is right, as I was asked to show something.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

It seems like you are trying to integrate the equation involving the scale factor R(t). In order to do so, you will need to use the proper integration technique and also make sure that you are taking into account any constants or terms that may be present in the original equation.

First, make sure that you are integrating with respect to the correct variable. In this case, since the equation involves R(t), you will need to integrate with respect to R. Also, make sure that you are using the correct integration technique, such as integration by parts or substitution.

Next, check to see if there are any constants or terms that need to be accounted for in the integration process. It is possible that the first term with the double-dotted R may have a constant or coefficient that needs to be included in the final solution.

If you are still having trouble, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a colleague or consult a textbook on integration techniques. Remember to always double check your work and make sure that your final solution makes sense in the context of the problem.

Best of luck with your integration and problem solving!A fellow scientist

Related to Integrating an equation with scale factor

1. What is the purpose of integrating an equation with scale factor?

The purpose of integrating an equation with scale factor is to adjust the scale or size of the equation to fit a specific context or parameter.

2. How is the scale factor determined in an integrated equation?

The scale factor is determined by comparing the original equation to the desired scale or context, and using a proportion to find the appropriate scale factor.

3. Can the scale factor be negative in an integrated equation?

Yes, the scale factor can be negative. This will result in a reflection or flip of the equation over the x-axis.

4. Does integrating an equation with scale factor change the overall shape of the equation?

Integrating an equation with scale factor does not change the overall shape of the equation, but it may change the size or orientation of the shape.

5. Are there any limitations to integrating an equation with scale factor?

Yes, there may be limitations depending on the specific equation and context. For example, if the scale factor is too large, it may result in distorted or inaccurate representations of the equation.