Integral solution to pi numeric result

In summary, the original poster is asking for the numeric result of 2*ArcSin(1)-ArcSin(0). If you enter that expression using ArcSin instead of "inverted sign," then you will get an exact answer. There are decimals of an approximation if you guess the correct words to use. Additionally, Bill Simpson referred the original poster to a website that can answer lots of other mathematical questions.
Danimel
I am posting for my son, who needs the full readout for a formula, more than what a small graphing calculator can do. Is there such a program for that? Am I in the right place to get an answer for this?
I need the numeric result of "2 times the inverted sign of 1 minus the inverted sign of 0."
Does it go on forever or does it end?
I would appreciate any help in this for my mathmatical skills are limited, and I would like to help my son who is in prison and does not have access to computers of any sort.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this the expression you're asking about?
2(-1) - (-0)

If so, the value is -2.

I'm interpreting "inverted sign" of something as the negative of something.

Is it possible the the original poster meant 2*ArcSin(1)-ArcSin(0) when he wrote "2 times the inverted sign of 1 minus the inverted sign of 0"? 2*ArcSin(1)-ArcSin(0) is exactly Pi.

If you go to www.wolframalpha.com and you enter 2*ArcSin(1)-ArcSin(0) and you use ArcSin instead of "inverted sign" then that will give you an exact answer and will give you lots of decimals of an approximation.

That web page will also answer lots of other mathematical questions if you can guess the correct words to use.

I want to thank those who responded to the question posed. It was not a question meant to deceive or trick. My apologies. My son, as I said before, is in prison with no access to computers or calculators. He felt through the work that he had been doing that he had found a finite solution to pi, which I have discovered in my inquiry into this, has already been attempted/done. I would like to thank Bill who referred me to the wolframalpha site with an entry. Quite helpful. I was simply an English, French, theatre major mom lost in the realm of math on a quest to help her son.

Last edited:
But is it true then, that by "inverted sign" you mean the "inverse sine" function?

[itex]2 sin^{-1}(1)- sin^{-1}(0)= 2(\pi/2)- 0= \pi[/itex]
because [itex]sin(\pi/2)= 1[/itex] so [itex]sin^{-1}(1)= \pi/2[/itex] and [itex]sin(0)= 0[/itex] so [itex]sin^{-1}(0)= 0[/itex].

Note the important difference in spelling between "sign" and "sine"! Until I saw Bill Simpson's response, I was completely stumped.

Thank you, too, HallsofIvy, for the enlightenment of "sine"!

Also, for future reference, please don't post the same message in two or more sections.

My overly zealous ignorance in navigating this site earned me yet another chastisement.
Advice duly noted, Mark44.

Related to Integral solution to pi numeric result

1. What is an integral solution to pi numeric result?

An integral solution to pi numeric result refers to a method of calculating the value of pi using integrals, which are mathematical tools used to calculate the area under a curve. This approach can provide a more accurate and precise result compared to traditional methods of calculating pi.

2. How does an integral solution to pi numeric result work?

An integral solution to pi numeric result works by using integrals to calculate the area of a specific geometric shape (such as a circle) that represents pi. This area value is then used to approximate the value of pi.

3. What are the benefits of using an integral solution to pi numeric result?

Using an integral solution to pi numeric result can provide a more accurate and precise value for pi compared to traditional methods. It also allows for a deeper understanding of the concept of pi and its relationship to geometry and calculus.

4. Are there any limitations to using an integral solution to pi numeric result?

One limitation of using an integral solution to pi numeric result is that it can be a complex and time-consuming process, requiring advanced mathematical knowledge. Additionally, the accuracy of the result is dependent on the accuracy of the integral used.

5. How is an integral solution to pi numeric result used in real-world applications?

An integral solution to pi numeric result is commonly used in fields such as engineering and physics, where a highly accurate value for pi is needed for calculations. It is also used in computer graphics to generate realistic circular shapes.