Integral of x(ln x)^4: Steps & Solution

In summary, the integral of x(ln x)^4 can be expressed as x^2/x(ln x)^4 - x^2(ln x)^3 + 3/2 x^2 (ln x)^2 - 3/2 x^2(ln x) + 3/2 x +C. It is recommended to use a website such as www.integrals.com for faster and more accurate results. Also, differentiating the integral can help verify the solution.
Quadruple Bypass
Does the integral of x(ln x)^4 =
x^2/x(ln x)^4 - x^2(ln x)^3 + 3/2 x^2 (ln x)^2 - 3/2 x^2(ln x) + 3/2 x +C ?

Or did I do something completely wrong?
Sorry I didn't show my work, it would probably take me 30 mins to type it up here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you try differentiating it and see? That's all we could do anyway, and we won't do your tedious work for you.

Maple gives

1/2*x^2*ln(x)^4-x^2*ln(x)^3+3/2*x^2*ln(x)^2-3/2*x^2*ln(x)+3/4*x^2+C

and, in the future, try www.integrals.com (which in this case does not give the form of the answer your looking for.)

LOL, i forgot about differentiating that. Damn, i was so tired after solving that my mind shut down. LOL THanks.

Thanks benorin too, my professor was telling us about some website that does that, and i forgot to write it down.

Last edited:

Related to Integral of x(ln x)^4: Steps & Solution

1. What is the formula for calculating the integral of x(ln x)^4?

The formula for calculating the integral of x(ln x)^4 is ∫x(ln x)^4dx = (ln x)^5 + C.

2. What are the steps to solve the integral of x(ln x)^4?

The steps to solve the integral of x(ln x)^4 are:

1. Use the formula ∫x(ln x)^n dx = (ln x)^(n+1)/(n+1) + C
  2. Substitute n = 4
  3. Integrate (ln x)^4 using the power rule
  4. Add a constant of integration, C

3. Can the integral of x(ln x)^4 be solved using u-substitution?

Yes, the integral of x(ln x)^4 can be solved using u-substitution. Let u = ln x, then du = 1/x dx. The integral becomes ∫u^4 du which can be easily solved using the power rule.

4. Is there a specific range of values for which the integral of x(ln x)^4 is defined?

Yes, the integral of x(ln x)^4 is defined for any positive value of x. However, if the value of x is negative, ln x is undefined and the integral cannot be solved.

5. Can the integral of x(ln x)^4 be used to solve real-world problems?

Yes, the integral of x(ln x)^4 can be used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to solve real-world problems involving exponential growth or decay. It can also be used in calculating probabilities and areas under certain curves.