Induction motor torque formula

In summary, the formula for calculating induction motor torque is Torque (Nm) = (3 x Power (kW) x 1000) / (2 x π x Speed (RPM)). The units for each variable in this formula are Torque (Nm), Power (kW), Speed (RPM), and π (Pi). The speed of an induction motor can be determined by measuring the rotational speed using a tachometer or by using the synchronous speed formula. This formula can be used for all types of induction motors as long as the power and speed values are known. However, the formula is theoretical and may not account for all factors that affect actual torque output. It is a useful tool for estimating torque under ideal conditions
Cdz
I am learning basic motor control and there is a formula list in my book.
1.PNG

The last one is for torque calculation, can anyone point out to me where this one is from or how is it derived?

Ok I know where this formula comes from mow.

Related to Induction motor torque formula

1. What is the formula for calculating induction motor torque?

The formula for calculating induction motor torque is: Torque (Nm) = (3 x Power (kW) x 1000) / (2 x π x Speed (RPM)). This formula is known as the torque-speed equation for induction motors.

2. What are the units for each variable in the induction motor torque formula?

The units for each variable in the induction motor torque formula are: Torque (Nm), Power (kW), Speed (RPM), and π (Pi) which is a dimensionless constant.

3. How do I determine the speed of an induction motor for the torque formula?

The speed of an induction motor can be determined by measuring the rotational speed of the motor using a tachometer or by calculating it using the synchronous speed formula: Speed (RPM) = (120 x Frequency (Hz)) / Number of Poles.

4. Can the induction motor torque formula be used for all types of induction motors?

Yes, the induction motor torque formula can be used for all types of induction motors as long as the power and speed values are measured or known.

5. How accurate is the induction motor torque formula?

The induction motor torque formula is a theoretical formula and may not account for all factors that can affect the actual torque output of the motor. However, it is a useful tool for estimating the torque of an induction motor under ideal conditions.