I'm changing all of my pin #'s to 8068

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pin
In summary, the article discusses the common mistakes people make when choosing PIN numbers and offers suggestions for choosing a secure one. It also includes a humorous anecdote about two men mistaking an ATM for a urinal. The article mentions that 8068 is the least popular PIN number and questions whether it would actually be a good choice for security. The conversation then turns to using patterns or random numbers for PINs and passwords. Some people prefer to use patterns, but this can be difficult with different types of keypads. Finally, the conversation ends with a joke about living near each other and the number of debit/credit cards one has.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
How bad are people at picking pin numbers? This article tells you how bad.

But then again, just looking at the picture of the two guys that thought the ATM was a urinal tells you how smart some people are.

8068 is the least popular pin number, so surely it has to be the best pin number, right?

For ten-digit pin numbers 3141592654 only finished 17th?! For crying out loud, who wouldn't pick 3141592654 as their pin number?! That should be #2. (2718281828 should be #1 - who in the world would guess that number?)

I think the best system is to pick a number, and pick each subsequent number by mirroring a legal move by a knight in chess that doesn't result in winding up back at the previous number. Surely that has to be impervious, right?

Or would I be better off picking each subsequent number by using a legal move in Chutes and Ladders?

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting article. My pin on the heat map is a little brighter than I would like. :rolleyes:

My pins and passwords are generally random and I remember them more by the movement of fingers than actually memorizing them. First time I had random password was because school IT administrator provided me a random password for my account and I was too lazy to change it.

rootX said:
My pins and passwords are generally random and I remember them more by the movement of fingers than actually memorizing them. First time I had random password was because school IT administrator provided me a random password for my account and I was too lazy to change it.

I use patterns, too. Problem is, some keypads are like this:

http://www.keypadletters.com/uploads/1/4/3/7/1437708/4025361.png

And some are like this:

http://www.diycalculator.com/imgs/hist-10-key-keypad.jpg

It's tough to translate a pattern quickly between these two types!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always use triangles. :biggrin:

... Okay I take that back. '-_-PS. Bob, I believe I don't live far away from your place.. How many debit/credit cards do you have? :-p

Related to I'm changing all of my pin #'s to 8068

1. What does changing all of my pin #'s to 8068 mean?

Changing all of your pin #'s to 8068 refers to updating the personal identification numbers (PINs) for your various accounts and devices to the number combination 8068.

2. Why are you changing all of your pin #'s to 8068?

I am changing all of my pin #'s to 8068 as a security measure to make my PINs more difficult to guess or hack.

3. How do I change my PINs to 8068?

The process for changing your PINs to 8068 may vary depending on the specific account or device. Generally, you can change your PIN by accessing the settings or security options for the account or device and following the prompts to update your PIN to 8068.

4. Is 8068 a safe PIN to use?

Using 8068 as a PIN may offer some level of security, but it is always recommended to use a unique and complex PIN for each account and device for maximum security. Additionally, regularly changing your PIN is also a good practice for maintaining the security of your accounts and devices.

5. Can I use a different number combination for my PINs?

Yes, you can use any number combination for your PINs. It is important to choose a unique and complex combination that is not easily guessable or predictable. It is also recommended to regularly update your PIN for added security.