I know f=ma but I need velocity

In summary, the formula for calculating velocity is v = d/t, where v is velocity, d is distance, and t is time. Velocity is important because it measures the rate of change of an object's position over time, helping us understand its speed and direction. Velocity and acceleration are related as acceleration measures how fast an object's velocity is changing. The units of velocity can vary, with meters per second (m/s) in the metric system and miles per hour (mph) in the imperial system. Velocity can be negative, indicating movement in the opposite direction of its positive velocity.
sjcorona
While two forces act on it a particle is to move at the constant velocity v= (3m/s)I - (4m/s)j. One of the forces is F1=(2n)I +(-6n)j what is the other force?

I want to say (1n)I + (2n)j but then I couldn't decided why that would be true. I guess I liked those numbers because if the mass were 1kg it would make the acceleration fit the requirements, I don't think I'm thinking about it correctly.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have a think about how Newtons first law would be applied to this situation.

Related to I know f=ma but I need velocity

What is the formula for calculating velocity?

The formula for calculating velocity is v = d/t, where v is velocity, d is distance, and t is time.

Why is it important to know velocity?

Velocity is important because it measures the rate of change of an object's position over time. It helps us understand how fast an object is moving and in what direction.

How does velocity relate to acceleration?

Velocity and acceleration are related because acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. In other words, acceleration measures how fast an object's velocity is changing.

What are the units of velocity?

The units of velocity can vary depending on the system of measurement used. In the metric system, the units are meters per second (m/s). In the imperial system, the units are miles per hour (mph).

Can velocity be negative?

Yes, velocity can be negative. This indicates that an object is moving in the opposite direction of its positive velocity. For example, if an object has a velocity of -5 m/s, it is moving in the opposite direction of a positive 5 m/s velocity.