I don't understand the algebra in this answer

• Thread starter pkc111
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, algebra is a branch of mathematics that involves using symbols to solve equations and expressions. It is important because it has applications in various fields and helps us understand relationships between numbers and variables. If you don't understand algebra, seek help and practice breaking down problems. Common algebraic concepts include equations, variables, coefficients, and exponents. To improve your skills, practice regularly and utilize online resources.
pkc111
Homework Statement
At what average rate does the magnetic field need to change to induce emf of 1.0 V.
See attachment question 1.
Relevant Equations
See attachment solution.
Why does Δ(BA) = AΔ(B) when A is constant?
Is there a proof for this algebra?
Thanks

Attachments

• Question 1.png
    Question 1.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Solution.png
    Solution.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 94
Physics news on Phys.org
Δ(AB) = (A+ΔA)(B+ΔB)-AB = AΔB+BΔA+ΔAΔB.
If A constant then ΔA=0, leaving only AΔB.

Thank you haruspex.

Related to I don't understand the algebra in this answer

What is algebra?

Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with symbols and the rules for manipulating those symbols to solve equations and understand patterns and relationships between quantities.

Why is algebra important?

Algebra is important because it helps us solve real-world problems, make predictions, and understand complex relationships between variables. It is also the foundation for higher-level math courses and many scientific and technological fields.

What are the basic concepts in algebra?

The basic concepts in algebra include variables, constants, equations, expressions, and operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

Why do some people struggle with understanding algebra?

Some people may struggle with understanding algebra because it requires abstract thinking and a strong understanding of basic math concepts. It also involves a lot of problem-solving and critical thinking, which can be challenging for some individuals.

How can I improve my understanding of algebra?

To improve your understanding of algebra, you can practice solving problems, seek help from a tutor or teacher, use online resources, and break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable parts. It also helps to have a positive attitude and persistence when facing challenges in learning algebra.