I don't feel funny cause I feel funny

In summary, Ever has days when she can't focus and is tired. She's grouchy and her bum itches. There is nothing to do and she's getting hungry. She has a burger for someone who brings it to her and her mind is full of thoughts of how she wishes she could go back to bed.
tribdog
Ever just wake up not feeling right? I'm not really sick, but I'm tired and my brain isn't working at its full potential. I can't think of anything funny to say. I might just crawl back into bed and unplug the phone for a few hours. I'm grouchy too. and my bum itches.

Physics news on Phys.org
and there's nothing to do on the internet. and I'm getting hungry and the fridge is empty so I got to get up and go get something to eat and I don't wanna.
anybody out there live in the area and want to bring me a burger? I'll buy you one too.

and there's nothing on tv. and I finished my book last night and I don't have another one. and I spilled my water on my cell phone.
and did I mention I'm grouchy yet? well I am. Am I too young for menopause?

tribdog said:
Ever just wake up not feeling right?
Every morning.

I often have those days when I can't focus. I know I am not getting enough sleep though.

I'd bring you a burger if I was in the vicinity. :smile:

and I haven't had a day off in two months, so now that I have one I don't know what to do. I'm thinking I might get up and go to work, but then nobody would listen next time I complained about never having a day off.

Evo said:
Every morning.

I often have those days when I can't focus. I know I am not getting enough sleep though.

I'd bring you a burger if I was in the vicinity. :smile:
I'm venting, don't interrupt me.
jk

and I only have 3 mp3s on my computer, so if I hear Garden Party one more time I'm going to freak out.

and now my stomach's growling. I got to go get something to eat-after I wash my hands. my bum still itches.

Maybe I have worms. I tried dragging my butt on the floor, didn't work. I did find that screw I dropped yesterday though.

WHERE THE HELL'S MY CAR KEYS? I just had them. and my socks don't match. I'm almost done. oh yeah, and it's too hot in here.

Why is it that when you don't get enough sleep, you feel tired and spacey and just sort of out of it, and when you get too much sleep, you feel tired and spacey and just sort of out of it? You would think if you got to oversleep, you'd be extra bouncy and chipper, but it never seems to work that way. Anyway, enjoy your extra hour tonight (daylight savings time ends!)

I'm in Arizona, we don't have Daylight Savings.
and I think it's about time you all gave it up too. The only thing it is good for anymore is to remind you to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.(you all do do that I hope)

tribdog said:
I'm in Arizona, we don't have Daylight Savings.
and I think it's about time you all gave it up too. The only thing it is good for anymore is to remind you to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.(you all do do that I hope)

Erm, uh, well, I change the batteries, but time changes never seem to work to remind me. I have a better time remembering around Christmas when I'm out buying batteries for everything else.

I thought it was a big campaign around the world. "change your batteries when you change the clock" maybe I made that up. I thought I saw it somewhere once.

tribdog said:
I thought it was a big campaign around the world. "change your batteries when you change the clock" maybe I made that up. I thought I saw it somewhere once.

They do that, but it doesn't help. Since nobody is telling me that when I'm at the store where the batteries are, I don't remember. It's somewhat futile for me since I can sleep through a fire alarm anyway (in college, I slept right through one, and those are a lot louder than the ones in my house...not to mention the noise of all the students heading to the hallways to leave the building). I got one with a light for my bedroom...I'm hoping that might help if it was ever necessary.

This is a truly comic thread. Keep up the good work trib.

Related to I don't feel funny cause I feel funny

1. What does it mean when someone says "I don't feel funny cause I feel funny"?

This phrase can have different meanings depending on the context. It can mean that the person is not feeling humorous or lighthearted, but at the same time, they may be feeling strange or off in some way. It can also be an expression of confusion or conflicting emotions.

2. Is there a scientific explanation for why someone might say "I don't feel funny cause I feel funny"?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual and their unique experiences and circumstances. However, it is possible that this phrase could be a result of conflicting emotions or a cognitive dissonance, where one's thoughts and feelings do not align.

3. Can this phrase be related to mental health or a psychological condition?

While it is not a diagnostic phrase, it is possible that someone who frequently says "I don't feel funny cause I feel funny" may be experiencing some mental health concerns or a psychological condition. It is always best to seek professional help if you are struggling with your emotions.

4. Is there a way to interpret this phrase in a positive light?

This phrase can be interpreted in various ways, and it is subjective to the individual saying it. However, it could also mean that the person is acknowledging and accepting their conflicting emotions and finding humor in the situation. It could also be a way for them to express vulnerability and seek support from others.

5. How can I respond to someone who says "I don't feel funny cause I feel funny"?

The best way to respond to someone who says this phrase is to listen and validate their feelings. You can ask them to explain what they mean and offer your support and understanding. Avoid dismissing their emotions or trying to find a solution. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear.