HP50g help with numerical solver

• Thread starter Aworx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Numerical
In summary, the conversation is about how to add a text line in a numerical solver calculation screen to describe a variable in an equation. The example given is spl = 20 log (D2/Dr), where Dr is a reference distance from a source and D2 is a prediction distance. The goal is to have a description of the variable appear when the cursor is moved to the input. A forum on the HP Museum website is suggested as a resource for assistance.
Aworx
Hi, can anyone tell me how to add a text line in the numerical solver calculation screen that describes a variable in an equation?

for example

spl = 20 log (D2/Dr)

Dr is a reference distance from a source
D2 is a prediction distance

I want some form of description of the variable when the cursor is moved to the input.

So when I go to enter D2, the description appears on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Related to HP50g help with numerical solver

What is the HP50g numerical solver?

The HP50g numerical solver is a built-in feature on the HP50g calculator that allows users to solve mathematical equations numerically, rather than symbolically. This means that the calculator will provide a numerical solution to the equation, rather than an algebraic one.

How do I access the numerical solver on the HP50g?

To access the numerical solver on the HP50g, press the SOLVE button on the calculator. Then, use the arrow keys to navigate to the equation you want to solve and press the ENTER key. The calculator will prompt you to enter values for any variables in the equation and then provide a numerical solution.

What types of equations can the HP50g numerical solver solve?

The HP50g numerical solver can solve a wide range of mathematical equations, including linear, quadratic, and trigonometric equations. It can also handle systems of equations and equations with multiple variables.

Can I use the HP50g numerical solver to solve equations with complex numbers?

Yes, the HP50g numerical solver can handle equations with complex numbers. When entering the equation, use the letter "i" to represent the imaginary unit.

Are there any limitations to the HP50g numerical solver?

While the HP50g numerical solver is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not be able to solve equations with very large or very small numbers, and it may not be able to find solutions for extremely complex equations. Additionally, the numerical solution may not be exact, but rather an approximation.