How You Guys Came to knew About PF

• Thread starter himanshu121
  • Start date
In summary: PF is an excellent website for learning physics. It is very active and provides a lot of useful information.

How You Guys Came to Knew About PF

• From Search Engine

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • From Another Website

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • From Magazine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From Friends

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Others

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
himanshu121
I posted this Question Coz i came to knew about PF in a unique way When my younger Cousin inquired about web page and when explaining them to him my eyes struck on the page with headline TOP EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES - there was PF and I first registered 2-3 years back with earlier version

Physics news on Phys.org
i came to it by accident.
i used to visit the webpage physicsforums.org after that typing it sometime i then decided to check what if i change the address to physicsforums.com at first i came to a webpage of a site trying to sell the name of the adress and in the end i came to this site which was in 2 version.

I did a google on an aspect of string theory I was interested in and found this site.

I was a member at another website called "msn physics", but getting really fed up (it was mostly a dumpsite for damaged cookware). One of the other members was trying to help me understand commutaters (I thought they were a side-dish), when he told me he was leaving that site for good and going to a new site; this site. I checked it out and immediately fell in love.

The new site and I are now very happy together and plan to stay together long-term.

Originally posted by LURCH
I was a member at another website called "msn physics", but getting really fed up (it was mostly a dumpsite for damaged cookware). One of the other members was trying to help me understand commutaters (I thought they were a side-dish), when he told me he was leaving that site for good and going to a new site; this site. I checked it out and immediately fell in love.

The new site and I are now very happy together and plan to stay together long-term.

Yes the Groups on MSN are rather Slow and inactive.
And PF(with no doubt) is best for Physics & other Science

Originally posted by Evo
I did a google on an aspect of string theory I was interested in and found this site.

Me too :)

googled string theory (or was it superstring theory?), found superstringtheory.com, looked, was shocked (I mean, had these people ever DONE any physics?? some very notable exceptions, of course), someone (SelfAdjoint?) mentioned PF, gave it a try, ... and the rest is history.

Related to How You Guys Came to knew About PF

1. How did you discover PF?

I discovered PF through my work in the field of physics. I came across it during my research on particle physics and its application in understanding the fundamental laws of the universe.

2. What is PF and why is it important?

PF, short for Particle Filtering, is a computational method used in data analysis and prediction. It is a powerful tool for tracking and predicting the behavior of complex systems, such as weather patterns, financial markets, and even human behavior. It is important because it allows us to make accurate predictions and gain a deeper understanding of these systems.

3. How does PF work?

PF works by using a set of mathematical equations, called Bayes' theorem, to estimate the probability of a system's current state. It then uses this information to update and refine its predictions through multiple iterations, incorporating new data as it becomes available.

4. What are some real-world applications of PF?

Some common applications of PF include weather forecasting, predicting stock market trends, tracking moving objects (such as airplanes or vehicles), and analyzing biological data (such as DNA sequencing). It is also used in artificial intelligence and robotics for tasks such as object tracking and navigation.

5. Can PF be used in other fields besides physics?

Yes, PF is a versatile tool that can be applied to a wide range of fields, including finance, biology, engineering, and computer science. It is particularly useful in fields that involve complex systems and require accurate predictions or tracking of variables over time.