How to solve a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer?

In summary, the conversation is about an urgent need for help with a 25 kva transformer in the speaker's house. The volt meter shows 114 volts without load, but less than 1 volt when the house is connected to the transformer. The suggestion is to check for a blown fuse that could be causing leakage current and to seek help from a licensed electrician due to liability issues.
Deleon
I need an urgent help. I have a 25 kva transformer in my house. Without load the volt metter indicates 114 volts. Which dould be fine for my house. But when I put the house on the transformer I have no electricity and the volt metter indicates less than 1 volt. Can anybody help me out please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Check if there is a fuse in it that could be blown. If it is, there could be enough leakage current thru it to show on your meter.

I'm sorry but we can't help you due to liability issues. Please get a licensed electrician to look at it.

Likes davenn

Related to How to solve a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer?

1. What causes a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer?

There are a few potential causes for a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer. It could be due to a faulty transformer, improper installation, or an issue with the power source.

2. How can I determine if the transformer is the source of the voltage issue?

You can use a multimeter to measure the voltage output of the transformer. If the reading is significantly different from the expected voltage, then the transformer may be the cause of the issue.

3. Can I fix a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer myself?

No, it is not recommended to attempt to fix a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer yourself. It is a complex and potentially dangerous task that should be left to trained professionals.

4. How can I prevent voltage issues in a 25 kva transformer?

Regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent voltage issues in a 25 kva transformer. It is also important to ensure proper installation and use of the transformer.

5. What should I do if I encounter a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer?

If you encounter a voltage issue in a 25 kva transformer, it is best to contact a qualified electrician or technician to diagnose and address the issue. Attempting to fix it yourself can be dangerous and may cause further damage.