How to remove hyperlinks from cut & paste text?

• Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date
gmax137
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
[Moderator's note: Question spun off from another thread.]

Is there a quick way in PF to remove hyperlinks from cut&paste text? I don't feel good about posting embedded links.

Below, I pasted the text into notepad++ and it preserves text only. So it works, but it is another step, with another software.

The crew of the Dali, the ill-fated vessel that slammed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, are still onboard the cargo ship — and they could be stuck there even longer as authorities continue to assess the situation.

Two pilots and 21 crewmembers were manning the Dali on Tuesday when it rammed into one of the bridge’s support pillars, causing the 1.6-mile span to crumble and plunge into the Patapsco River.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
pasted the text into notepad++
That's what I do. It has the additional advantage of eliminating any unwanted formatting, such as giant header text, etc.

But yes, there is a context menu that pops up when you click on the text that has a 'remove link' option:

1711834328884.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes gmax137
gmax137 said:
Below, I pasted the text into notepad++ and it preserves text only. So it works, but it is another step, with another software.
Paste text without formatting with Shift + Ctrl + V instead of just Ctrl + V. It should work with any program, not just your browser, and certainly not just with PF. It works with Windows & Linux; Mac uses Option+Shift+Command+V according to the link below.

Ctrl+Shift+V Is the Best Shortcut You're Not Using

• Informative
  • Wow
Likes Rive, Filip Larsen, Borg and 2 others
jack action said:
Paste text without formatting with Shift + Ctrl + V instead of just Ctrl + V.
Wow, thanks Jack, I never knew that one!

"Copy PlainText" is a Firefox extension that removes the formatting from the selection before copying/pasting to/from the Clipboard.

jack action said:
Paste text without formatting with Shift + Ctrl + V instead of just Ctrl + V. It should work with any program, not just your browser, and certainly not just with PF. It works with Windows & Linux; Mac uses Option+Shift+Command+V according to the link below.

Ctrl+Shift+V Is the Best Shortcut You're Not Using
Sunuvagun. You have potentially saved me hours of time, amoritized over the rest of the life. Thank you, sir!

Back