How to plot random source in GNU radio companion

In summary, to generate a random source in GNU Radio Companion, you can use the "Random Source" block from the "Sources" category. This block allows you to specify the distribution, such as uniform, Gaussian, or exponential, and the range of values for the distribution. Additionally, you can create your own custom distribution by using the "Vector Source" block and connecting it to the "Random Source" block. To visualize the output of the random source, you can use the "QT GUI Frequency Sink" or "QT GUI Time Sink" blocks. You can also control the randomness of the random source by setting a specific value for the "Seed" parameter.
pvvijaykumar
I am using GNU companion ,in that i am not able to plot random source which i am giving as bytes .
how to plot in a sink?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Only a user of GNURadio is going to be able to answer that. If none reply here, you should go to https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki and read about how to ask questions and use the email list.

Related to How to plot random source in GNU radio companion

1. How do I generate a random source in GNU Radio Companion?

To generate a random source in GNU Radio Companion, you can use the "Random Source" block from the "Sources" category. This block generates a stream of random values based on a specified distribution.

2. How do I specify the distribution for the random source?

The "Random Source" block has a parameter called "Distribution" where you can select the type of distribution you want to use, such as uniform, Gaussian, or exponential. You can also specify the range of values for the distribution.

3. Can I use my own custom distribution for the random source?

Yes, you can create your own custom distribution by using the "Vector Source" block to provide a list of values, and then connecting it to the "Random Source" block. This way, you can create a specific distribution tailored to your needs.

4. How can I visualize the output of the random source?

You can use the "QT GUI Frequency Sink" or "QT GUI Time Sink" blocks to visualize the output of the random source. These blocks allow you to plot the values over time or in the frequency domain, respectively.

5. Is there a way to control the randomness of the random source?

Yes, the "Random Source" block has a parameter called "Seed" which allows you to set a specific value to control the randomness. This can be useful for reproducing the same random sequence for testing purposes.